What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What's fair asking price for 2008 Artesian Grand Bahama?  (Read 6247 times)

starsky

What's fair asking price for 2008 Artesian Grand Bahama?
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:55:22 pm »
Fast forward to 2012 from 2008. Remarried, wife is not a fan of the Hot Tub life. Thought I could convince her otherwise, not working out. Last 2 yrs been in the tub maybe 10 times. Just not worth keeping it now.

It's the 52 jet version with 2 pumps, with Ozone, 2 Waterfalls, LED lighting, steps, cover, cover lifter. The pillows show some wear but if replaced the tub would look brand new. What is a reasonable price to ask for the hot tub? New was $8200 + tax. 

Hot Tub Forum

What's fair asking price for 2008 Artesian Grand Bahama?
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:55:22 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: What's fair asking price for 2008 Artesian Grand Bahama?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 02:33:02 pm »
$2,500-$3,250 would probably be a safe range, start high of course because people will lowball

starsky

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 02:38:03 pm »
Thanks. If that is truly the case I'd rather keep it as a cool decoration for the backyard.  :)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 04:05:07 pm »
Thanks. If that is truly the case I'd rather keep it as a cool decoration for the backyard.  :)

always an option...a better option would be to start using the spa on a regular basis and enjoy the benefits warm water offers  8) just one mans opinion though, your mileage may vary...good luck

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 09:51:17 am »

Get new wife!!   ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 10:10:14 am »
Sometimes it is the little things that will help a person enjoy the tub -

My wife doesn't get in ours as much as I do, but she will gladly bring a patio chair near the tub and sit with me as we watch the sunset, or have a quiet moment together - or even finish a conversation from earlier in a busy day...

We are redesigning our outdoor area to make it more inviting to her - she wants more color, fabric panels, more plants, more privacy. I think once the whole area reflects her tastes and likes/dislikes, she may enjoy soaking or sitting with me again.

Try some of that with your wifey and see how it goes. Happy wife, happy life.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

starsky

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 05:02:18 pm »
Sometimes it is the little things that will help a person enjoy the tub -

My wife doesn't get in ours as much as I do, but she will gladly bring a patio chair near the tub and sit with me as we watch the sunset, or have a quiet moment together - or even finish a conversation from earlier in a busy day...

We are redesigning our outdoor area to make it more inviting to her - she wants more color, fabric panels, more plants, more privacy. I think once the whole area reflects her tastes and likes/dislikes, she may enjoy soaking or sitting with me again.

Try some of that with your wifey and see how it goes. Happy wife, happy life.

8)

Jacuzzi Jim- I think I would take an even larger bath financially..

Chas- If I don't sell it at a price that makes sense to both parties then I will certainly work on that. Having a conversation with anyone outside the hot tub has been fruitless due to the noise, especially at night. Talking loud just isnt an option. I may just have to start soaking alone and maybe she will give it a go once in a while and build up to looking forward to it.   

Philpug

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 06:00:06 pm »
I get home from work and find my wife in the hot tub with a pitcher of margaritas  waiting for me.
 :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 07:21:21 pm »
I get home from work and find my wife in the hot tub with a pitcher of margaritas  waiting for me.

Are you sure her boyfriend wasn't exiting the side yard when he saw your car pull up?  ;) ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

SnowHot

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 07:37:19 pm »

Are you sure her boyfriend wasn't exiting the side yard when he saw your car pull up?  ;) ;D
Philpug and I are newlyweds.  Trust me, its all for Philpug. :)

starsky

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 04:28:43 pm »
Been using it more lately but those damn mosquitos. This has been the worst year yet in the evening time. And we are experiencing the West Nile virus in Texas, go figure. Fortunately they prefer my wife over me.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:31:21 pm by starsky »

starsky

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 03:36:13 pm »
After some back and forth thought about keeping or selling it, about the time I decided to keep it and remove the craigslist ad a couple contacted me about a wet test. The tub apparently worked as well for them in what they were looking for as it did me and after testing to see if it would maintain 104 deg with a pool thermometer we settled on $5000.00 which in my opinion is a fair price for both of us. I had replaced the pillows and it looks and runs like brand new. They'll get the cover and lifter, steps, and any chemicals I have left over. I've told them about this site and will recommend they join to educate themselves even more on taking care of it. This site has been invaluable to me over the years.     

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 03:36:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42