What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Concerned  (Read 3019 times)

H2O

Concerned
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »
ok guys.... Looking for any help or ideas...I had a jet face come apart last night.not a big deal I thought?It was one of my top jets.went to my dealer and got a new one.Went to put it in tonight and found the water about a hafe inch above the filters tonight when i got home,7 or so hours later.6 inches down.not normal.It was geting to dark to tell if anything was wet around the tub.Any ideas what has gone wrong?
Will call my dealer in the AM.Tub is only 5 months old and my dealer has been good so far.But this will be the real test for him.
Just so you know its a saratoga Marcy LE.Thank you for any help that you can offer.You guys rock!!

Hot Tub Forum

Concerned
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:16:27 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Concerned
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:40:52 am »
 Hard to say where the water went, or what caused it..  Give them a call and see what they find,prolly nothing major!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:56:30 am »
I get a lot of calls of tubs emptying themselves which turn out to be simple: loose cap on the drain (ours are in the toe-kick area and can be easily nudged loose), or bad o-ring in the same place (some people use the main drain every three or four months for years and never refresh the little rubber gasket/o-ring in the cap).

Also Pump Unions which may work loose, things such as that. Keep your hopes up!

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

H2O

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 02:39:14 pm »
Update.I filled the tub back up to the high line last night before I went off to bed.When I got up the water line was still good.
I just looked again and it is still fine.Opened up the equipment panel and found everything ok and no sign of a water leak.
So not sure what might have happend.Have not called my dealer,but I will just so he knows.Thank you Jim and Chas

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 08:01:57 am »
I(some people use the main drain every three or four months for years and never refresh the little rubber gasket/o-ring in the cap).

Also Pump Unions which may work loose, things such as that. Keep your hopes up!

8)

My drain cap is 9 years old.  I have had a pump union work loose.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 08:01:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42