What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Cameo vs Limelight Flair vs Caldera Martinique  (Read 8559 times)

newguy35

Sundance Cameo vs Limelight Flair vs Caldera Martinique
« on: August 09, 2012, 11:10:13 pm »
hey guys.  i am trying to narrow my search for my first tub.  i am basically looking for a 5-6 person tub.  i think i want a lounge. my budget is $7k -$8k.  a reliable, reputable brand is a must.  energy efficiency is important.  strong jets (i prefer a powerful massage over a gentle one) would be nice. i am putting a lot of stock in warranty and dealer.  based on what ive read so far i think i will want an ozonator (im all for anything that makes water upkeep easier). i've done some preliminary research on the above referenced models.  i was hoping to get your thoughts.  how do these stack up in general?  how do they stack up head-to-head?  what would you recommend, and why?  are there any other models i should be looking at?  i'd appreciate as much feedback from as many of you as possible.

thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Cameo vs Limelight Flair vs Caldera Martinique
« on: August 09, 2012, 11:10:13 pm »

sorebikr

Re: Sundance Cameo vs Limelight Flair vs Caldera Martinique
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:11:59 am »
hey guys.  i am trying to narrow my search for my first tub.  i am basically looking for a 5-6 person tub.  i think i want a lounge. my budget is $7k -$8k.  a reliable, reputable brand is a must.  energy efficiency is important.  strong jets (i prefer a powerful massage over a gentle one) would be nice. i am putting a lot of stock in warranty and dealer.  based on what ive read so far i think i will want an ozonator (im all for anything that makes water upkeep easier). i've done some preliminary research on the above referenced models.  i was hoping to get your thoughts.  how do these stack up in general?  how do they stack up head-to-head?  what would you recommend, and why?  are there any other models i should be looking at?  i'd appreciate as much feedback from as many of you as possible.

thanks!

Before this thread kicks off I wanted to clarify something first.  Are you looking for a "5-6person tub" or a tub that will fit 5-6 people?  Owning the Altamar, a "5-6 person tub" 4 people are comfy.  A 5th...if we're a realllly friendly bunch.  You're not getting six in there comfortably. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:31:09 am »
I think you have 3 good choices that meet your stated criteria.  I haven't seen the Caldera personally, but have heard good things from owners I have talked to.  Good luck.  Many here will be happy to hear how this goes for you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:01:29 am »

thanks!

Even though I may be a bit biased I don't think there is anything anyone can say negatively about any of those tubs. They're all good selling tubs from good manufacturers and you'd do well if you ended up with any of those 3. Therefore IMO it really needs to come down to what you think of each one personally as you test it and of course any differences in dealers though hopefully all 3 of them are good in your eyes as well. The Hot Spring and Caldera both use higher density insulating material so if you go with the Sundance I'd suggest you get their optional EcoWrap extra insulation package to match the other 2.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:14:53 am »

thanks!

Before this thread kicks off I wanted to clarify something first.  Are you looking for a "5-6person tub" or a tub that will fit 5-6 people?  Owning the Altamar, a "5-6 person tub" 4 people are comfy.  A 5th...if we're a realllly friendly bunch.  You're not getting six in there comfortably.

same applies to the Flair, because of the "cool down" seat and lounger the footwell space will not really accommodate 5 or 6 people unless you want legs stacked on top of each other.  I like the tub and they sell very well but its more setup for 3-4 people max.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:48:11 pm »
All 3 nice spa's but I have a very hard time comparing a Sundance Cameo to a limelight or a Caldera Martinique..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 09:59:01 pm »
As you can see you'll find fans of each for good reason as all are good brands and probably go up against each other all the time when people are choosing. In the end I think they're all equally good options depending on the deal you're getting and the dealer you're working with. Compare the quotes closely, don't hesitate to negotiate and take your time deciding.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:10:58 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 03:17:39 pm »
All 3 nice spa's but I have a very hard time comparing a Sundance Cameo to a limelight or a Caldera Martinique..

Size wise the Cameo has the edge and is more expensive because of it but all are very good options. The shopper could simply look at the Caldera Tahitian/Geneva or the Hot Spring Envoy if he wanted something more along the size of the Cameo.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 07:49:46 pm »

Size wise the Cameo has the edge and is more expensive because of it but all are very good options. The shopper could simply look at the Caldera Tahitian/Geneva or the Hot Spring Envoy if he wanted something more along the size of the Cameo.

Size has nothing to do with price in this case, the Cameo is in a higher class for what it offers compared to the limelight series.   The 700 series of Sundance is more in line with the Limelight..   Now the Envoy I can see.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 10:26:15 pm »

Size has nothing to do with price in this case, the Cameo is in a higher class for what it offers compared to the limelight series.   The 700 series of Sundance is more in line with the Limelight..   Now the Envoy I can see.

The Cameo is bigger and more expensive than the Martinique and Flair and may have more features but I'm not sure I'd term it as higher class but I know what you mean. The better comparison would be to a Caldera Tahitian or Geneva and to a Hot Spring Aria or Envoy but maybe it had to do with what was on the showroom floor.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:35:28 pm by Hot Spring Ace »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 10:26:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42