What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I need help finding a Cal Spa basket, please  (Read 3170 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
I need help finding a Cal Spa basket, please
« on: July 26, 2012, 01:46:25 pm »
I am putting together a small Cal Spa to be sold used. Yes, it is a Cal Spa. It is the ONLY one I have ever gotten out of a backyard in one piece - it is a little triangle tub. Sort of a smallish - 6' - square with one corner lopped off. But it has a heavy sheet of plastic on the bottom, and the wood is not rotted away as all the other ones I have handled have done.

And the digital system is working perfectly! Other than one jet fitting which seems to have warped or shrunk (I can't get the jet nozzle assembly to go into it) it is really in fine shape. I put all new jets except for that one, cleaned it up, wet tested it, and it is ready to go - except for one part:

The part I need is simply the basket for the skimmer. It appears that Cal took a standard Waterway/Rainbow skim filter and cut it down to fit this low-profile tub. To make it work, they seem to have also cut down the basket. I ordered a standard basket, but it needs to be about 3/4" shorter. There is such a thing as a "low profile" version listed in some parts catalogs, but the suppliers have no idea what it is, and nobody has seen one, nor do they have one on the shelf.

Cal dealers or owners? Could you help me out please?

Here is a shot of the standard basket which fits except for being just under an inch too tall:

I am not concerned about color - but I don't want to have to cut a basket down myself...

Thanks in advance

Chas  8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

I need help finding a Cal Spa basket, please
« on: July 26, 2012, 01:46:25 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: I need help finding a Cal Spa basket, please
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:26:51 pm »
I can't imagine a better source than calling a local Cal spa dealer, ya you'll pay retail but its just a basket after all...if your looking strictly wholesale than I would try the usual suspects: spa parts plus, etc.  And if all else fails a sawzall or cutoff wheel and steady hand + some 2 part epoxy = new modified shorter basket  8)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 01:12:49 am »
That would be so nice, but there IS no local Cal representation. I have tried all the usual wholesale sources. It seems to be custom cut to fit by Cal Spa, and I just don't want to burn up the time and money to do that myself if I can find a dealer who can sell me one.

8)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 01:12:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42