What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ozone generator question  (Read 4876 times)

smackman

ozone generator question
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:19:51 am »
I do not have a ozone generator installed on my 2010 jacuzzi 465. Is my Hot Tub already plumbed for a ozone generator? If it is, What ozone generator would be recommended for my Hot Tub?

The control box has a place to plug in a Ozone Generator; On my Control pad, It shows Ozone in the off mode.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:22:12 am by smackman »

Hot Tub Forum

ozone generator question
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:19:51 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: ozone generator question
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:57:58 am »
 Yes it shuold be ozone ready,  you need a 220v CD corona discharge ozonator with a J&J plug on it.   If you look on line you can find them, and most distributers offer different plug configurations. 

Also on a side note my tech had to replace a flow switch on a new 400 series the other day,  I have not ordered the new style in yet(with the plug).  Anyway he removed the bad one, put an older style one in and spliced the wires together, it worked fine!    And you know what it didn't void the warranty  ;) 

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:20:21 am »
Don't be rubbin' it in!   :-[

8)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

smackman

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 01:08:06 pm »
Yes it shuold be ozone ready,  you need a 220v CD corona discharge ozonator with a J&J plug on it.   If you look on line you can find them, and most distributers offer different plug configurations. 

Also on a side note my tech had to replace a flow switch on a new 400 series the other day,  I have not ordered the new style in yet(with the plug).  Anyway he removed the bad one, put an older style one in and spliced the wires together, it worked fine!    And you know what it didn't void the warranty  ;)

Yep  :) My store manager was a little  :D for a nice word

smackman

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 01:10:05 pm »

What am I looking for as far as plumbing? Is there a line that I should see when I take off the access Door?

Is this the Ozone Generator you are talking about?
http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/spasupplies/spaozonators/delozone/mcd50/products/MCD-50RPOZM-26.htm
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:14:12 pm by smackman »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 02:23:20 pm »
  Yes that one should work.   If you open the front panel it should be to the right in a 1" clear tube.= it will have a funky looking T type thing called a mazzi injector.  It will/should have a 1/4" clear vinyl tube coming off it follow that up to just under the acrylic shell, it's ziptied up there.  Cut the zip tie and pull one end of the tubing to hook into the ozonator.   Thats it, use a new ziptie to secure the loop (hartford loop) up under the shell.   

smackman

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 07:17:41 pm »
Do I need a mini J&J plug or regular J&J plug? I think mini but am not positive

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 10:53:06 pm »
Pretty sure it's the mini

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 12:33:25 am »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

smackman

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 12:02:26 pm »
Purchased for approx. $110 dollars including shipping. Looks like it is a winner. I am glad I found this sight!

smackman

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 03:09:47 pm »
Cancelled order; After inspection of Ozone plug in, It does not match any of the plug ins above. :'( I will post a picture if I figure how to

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 03:09:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42