What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How much are tubs marked up?  (Read 16396 times)

Re: How much are tubs marked up?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 10:02:49 am »
My experience was to decide the tub that I wanted and then visit three reputable dealers and play one off against the other. They have a margin just like any retailer and will know what there minimum profit will be. The trick is to get them as close to that as possible and also get the extras thrown in.. installation, steps, cover litter, chemicals, crane lift etc.
If you were buying a car you would do the same, mats, service, a full tank of fuel etc so its no different buying a tub. Get what you can. The dealer won't sell it to you if he's not making a profit!

And therein lies the rub, or to be put another way, my Economics major finally has some bearing on reality.  If you happen to be in an area where you have 3 dealers selling the same brands within a reasonable distance of your house, then you benefit from the over-supply with lower prices.  If however, you were like me in the middle of nowhere PA, you end up with a choice of 3 different dealers in a 200 mile radius.  Hard to negotiate well within a oligopoly.  So if you find yourself in the latter situation, figure out the tub that makes you happiest for the price you can afford with a dealer your comfortable with and go soak.  Over the life of the tub, the few hundred buck you might've saved will net out to $7/mo.  Not really enough to keep you up at night.
Fortunately for me, I live in the UK where hot tubs are not that popular. I have three Jacuzzi dealers in a 15 mile radius. However, I paid £6000 for a Jacuzzi J-230CD inc crane, steps, cover lifter, ozonator, chemicals. That was a good deal for the UK but may be expensive compared to a country that sells a lot of hot tubs. (thats $9314 USD)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 10:02:49 am »

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:21 am »
Just found a Hotspring Hot spot Relay for sale in the UK at £5895 (thats $9148 USD) so, even with all my discounts and extras you get the better deal.

Newbie25

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 07:37:20 pm »
As long as we can be polite I am sure we can all get along, but some have more of a problem with that than others

I second, that.  Just because someone has been here for awhile does not give them the right to be a tool.

Newbie25

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »
Well, thanks all.  I live in a pretty populated area but could not find another dealer for the Hotspring.  I did go to a place that sells Sundance but neither my wife nor I liked either of the 2 gentlemen that assisted us.  The hotspring dealer has been great to work with and we just finished laying the temporary pad this afternoon.  Thanks again for those of you who were helpful.  I greatly appreciate it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42