What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why has my post about being single copied and posted on another site??  (Read 3720 times)

faeriegirl

My post has been copied onto RH tubs site under the username Andra. I'm uncomfortable about this as I don't know that site, and it has a facility for people to email a response. Does anyone know how it got on there, and is my photo on there too? Sorry if I'm being paranoid, just seems a bit odd.

Hot Tub Forum

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Very interesting.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ex0r

Simplemachines isn't a very secure forum software to use, so it's possible that a spider was setup to duplicate posts on other sites, it's part of a spam/scam thing, but no idea what purpose it serves.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
I thought it a little odd myself...though people do weird things.......including asking questions such as that one ;-)

The IP of the poster traces to Munich Germany.....even odder.

Kinda odd also that you saw the post there, but didn't look at it to SEE if your picture is there???...it's not.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:27:32 am by Dr. Spa™ »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

faeriegirl

it really is strange that they chose my post!!

faeriegirl

the reason why I wondered about a photo, is that there is an icon of a camera by the post.
Is my post really wierd? I was meerly wondering how many single people own a tub, but perhaps i didnt word it very well :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:02:10 am by faeriegirl »

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42