What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What an interesting weekend  (Read 3396 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
What an interesting weekend
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:09:05 am »
Thursday night after our soak I killed the power on the tub and pulled the drain plug. It was  my intention to fill it back up after work Friday. I got home Friday and started the fill.  I saw a thunderstorm coming so I only put one hose in the tub, I normally fill with two hoses in about 45 minutes.  Well, 30 minutes into the fill the line of thunderstorms went through packing 80mph winds. Power is out and not expected back until 7/7  :'(

Temps have been in the high 90s with humidy above 75%, so its been fun!  I won't be on here much through the week, except to check in on the mornings
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

What an interesting weekend
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:09:05 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: What an interesting weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:44:11 pm »
Well stay safe above all else!

Hope to hear from you next week  ;)

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:01:13 pm »
Fortunately I hooked all 4 sides of Doc's cover down before the storm came through. Day 5 and still no power, but I suspect it may be soon. I came home yesterday around 8pm and I think the power may have come back on for a few minutes during the day.  I ended up spending part of my new hot tub money on a 5.5 kw generator. Looks like one more year of life for the Dynasty.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:12:03 pm »
So...

Are we going to see a picture of you, sitting on the ground at midnight, wiring up your generator switch?

(by candlelight...)

8)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 09:59:43 pm »
Bill, when the same thing happened to me a few years ago, I turned off my main breaker..fearful that the power might surge and fry my appliances..I don't know if that was the wisest thing to do, but everything survived.  Hope you are restored real soon  :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 10:02:12 am »
I think that is a good tip.

HEY BILL - CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?

8)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 10:49:05 am »

There are some spinning classes and some Gyms around the country who should never be without power: just hook all the exer-cycles and treadmills to generators and let the patrons power the place!

This might be a great idea for you Bill, and any of our other friends who are without power at this time - keep the hot tub warm, and you won't be as stressed about spoiling food, sweaty nights and dark streets!

8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 10:49:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42