What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pump doesn't run - United Spas controller  (Read 4613 times)

pokerface246

Pump doesn't run - United Spas controller
« on: June 28, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »
Hi.  I've got a used tub I just got wired up.  The control center is a United Spas C5 with the T5 topside controller.  I'm using 4 wire 240v service with a single 2-stage (low / hi) pump.  Very basic set up.  Anyhow, when I power up the unit from the breaker, things light up but I get no pump, and then I get the Flo error on the control pad (which seems right if the water ain't moving).

I'm trying to rule out a dead motor here and just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.  The pump fuse is good.. and things are wired up right.  Any easy way to do a continuity test on the motor and get an idea of it's condition?  Anyone else have the United Spas C5?  Shouldn't Pump 1 start working the second the breaker is thrown on?

Any help appreciated before dropping 3 bills on a new pump :-(

Hot Tub Forum

Pump doesn't run - United Spas controller
« on: June 28, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pump doesn't run - United Spas controller
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 04:28:26 pm »
 If you have a volt meter check and see if the board is in fact sending power to the pump 220v and is it a 220v motor or 110?  If it is it's prolly a bad motor.   If it's not sending power to the pump then you need to back track and find out why it's not.  It most likely it is a 220v motor so just ruling the 110v possibility out.

pokerface246

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 12:25:56 am »
Thanks Jim.  Well I have good news.  It turned out to be a 'stuck' motor.  Because the unit sat around for a month or so without use, things just kinda gummed up near the shaft.  An easy turn with a set of pliars and we are back in business!  Would sill love to hear from other United Spas controller owners out there and get some general questions asked.

joniclipper

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:02:48 pm »
I realize its been a while, but I have the same problem with my united spas c5. When you said just a quick turn with the pliers, what exactly did you do?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 10:02:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42