What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Free to good home - or ANY home...  (Read 4063 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Free to good home - or ANY home...
« on: June 28, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »
I have three HotSpring Classic tubs, and I would like to give them away. I'm in Ventura, CA 93003.

I can load them with my forklift onto your truck or trailer.

They all run, but have sat dry for years. That means that the jet pump (Starite Maxiglas) will need a new oring - that's just the way it is with that type of pump. I can do it while you watch if you want ($20 for parts).

One is 220 volt (only) and the other two are 110 volt (only).

I'll upload some more pics when I get some time.

Anyone?

B)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Free to good home - or ANY home...
« on: June 28, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Free to good home - or ANY home...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »
  Nice thought!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 11:32:19 am »
I posted this on FaceBook, and was overrun by comments from friends and family who want a "Free" tub. IF I can make a careful choice so as not to alienate anyone, it looks like all three tubs have found homes.

8)

sorebikr

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 12:54:16 pm »
Yikes.  Doesn't giving it to friends/family implicate you / obligate you to provide free technical support?  Or do you already do that?  I once gave a car to a family member and always felt guilty everytime something broken from that point on.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 01:40:54 pm »
I have had that very same experience! And yes, I will most likely be over for tech help - but I have learned how to let them know that I expect a nice meal before I got out to the patio...

Also, they will be much more likely to buy the other sundries from me. Little things like a cover, sub panel for the 220 model, supplies, rubber duckies, and any parts that they may want or need to bring them up to perfect operating condition.

8)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:10:02 pm »
Yikes.  Doesn't giving it to friends/family implicate you / obligate you to provide free technical support?  Or do you already do that?  I once gave a car to a family member and always felt guilty everytime something broken from that point on.

I do that for people who have bought from the other guys. Many dealers do, sometimes it bites you i the a-- many times you become the hero and they end up buying a spa from you.   In the spa business customer service is huge! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:10:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42