What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for Hot Tub around 5k  (Read 5237 times)

crashadp

Looking for Hot Tub around 5k
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:05:06 pm »
Hello,

I am just starting to look at and review hot tubs.  I'd like to get something for around 5k and ran into an Integrityspa and they have a 142 jet, dvd player, etc hot tub for under 6k delivered, not tax.  Does anyone have any experience with these tubs or have any insight?  I can't find much online in the form of reviews so that scares me, but comes with a warranty.

If you suggest something else, what do you like best in this price range?  Would I be better off buying a nicer, used one or a new one?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:52:49 pm by crashadp »

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for Hot Tub around 5k
« on: June 24, 2012, 11:05:06 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Looking for Hot Tub around 5k
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 11:01:42 am »
So sorry, but I have never seen one. They are insulated with very thin panels on the inside of the cabinet.
That can work, but it can also allow a ton of air leaks (and very poor insulation) as the tub ages, all depending upon how well the cabinet is designed and built.

There are many threads about insulation here, and I don't want to start a discussion of what is better - but even the strongest proponents of this type of insulation never try to claim that it makes a tub quiet.

And, if you live in a warm climate, you have to somehow let out just the right amount of hot air or the tub will overheat.

OK - I really don't want to get into the insulation argument - sorry if I got too close!

One of the main responses on these boards would be: do you have a local dealer where you can go wet test? Do they have a good history? Are there at least ONE local customer you can talk to?

Do the tubs have features you really want? For example, having a high jet count is not as fun as it might seem: if most of the seats are the same: packed with the same type of jets, they will be redundant and not worth having.

Lots of jets doesn't equate to a large variety, and saying 'we have a wide variety' of jets doesn't always equate to actually having it.

I am very glad that so many manufacturers are embracing the interchangeable jets now available: with this type of system you can buy a few different types of jet internals, and try them out. Then if you find some of the jets are just not comfortable to you, you can easily change them out. This is closing the gap for some of these low-end tub makers - allowing them to offer the type of variety that the name-brand tubs have enjoyed for years.

BTW - "Name Brand" would equal, in most people's minds, these:

HotSpring (conveniently on top of the list, since I am a dealer  ;) )
Limelight
Hot Spot
Marguis
Sundance
Dimension One
and a few others I have forgotten right now...  ;D

There are plenty of dealers who would argue that the smaller company they rep can give you a good experience, and as I said above, if the dealer is good at after-sales support, it can be completely true. But I have seen people do there very best to sell and support certain brands and finally give it up after years of battling with the company. A good dealer can make a mediocre tub perfectly workable by helping you every time you need help, but it gets old after awhile if the dealer has to go to battle with the tub maker on your behalf over and over. I hope I'm making sense here.

Some points to ponder as you search - whatever you get, you're going to enjoy it!

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 11:08:23 am »
So sorry, but I have never seen one. They are insulated with very thin panels on the inside of the cabinet.
That can work, but it can also allow a ton of air leaks (and very poor insulation) as the tub ages, all depending upon how well the cabinet is designed and built.

There are many threads about insulation here, and I don't want to start a discussion of what is better - but even the strongest proponents of this type of insulation never try to claim that it makes a tub quiet.

And, if you live in a warm climate, you have to somehow let out just the right amount of hot air or the tub will overheat.

OK - I really don't want to get into the insulation argument - sorry if I got too close!

One of the main responses on these boards would be: do you have a local dealer where you can go wet test? Do they have a good history? Are there at least ONE local customer you can talk to?

Do the tubs have features you really want? For example, having a high jet count is not as fun as it might seem: if most of the seats are the same: packed with the same type of jets, they will be redundant and not worth having.

Lots of jets doesn't equate to a large variety, and saying 'we have a wide variety' of jets doesn't always equate to actually having it.

I am very glad that so many manufacturers are embracing the interchangeable jets now available: with this type of system you can buy a few different types of jet internals, and try them out. Then if you find some of the jets are just not comfortable to you, you can easily change them out. This is closing the gap for some of these low-end tub makers - allowing them to offer the type of variety that the name-brand tubs have enjoyed for years.

BTW - "Name Brand" would equal, in most people's minds, these:

Jacuzzi (conveniently fixed)  ;)
HotSpring (conveniently on top of the list, since I am a dealer  ;) )
Limelight
Hot Spot
Marguis
Sundance
Dimension One
and a few others I have forgotten right now...  ;D

There are plenty of dealers who would argue that the smaller company they rep can give you a good experience, and as I said above, if the dealer is good at after-sales support, it can be completely true. But I have seen people do there very best to sell and support certain brands and finally give it up after years of battling with the company. A good dealer can make a mediocre tub perfectly workable by helping you every time you need help, but it gets old after awhile if the dealer has to go to battle with the tub maker on your behalf over and over. I hope I'm making sense here.

Some points to ponder as you search - whatever you get, you're going to enjoy it!

HTH

8)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 12:53:45 pm »
Good Job, Jim!   ;D ;D ;D

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

sorebikr

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 01:20:36 pm »
Good Job, Jim!   ;D ;D ;D

8)

Yeah, what Jim said.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 01:20:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42