What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vacuum Systems  (Read 5981 times)

ronsno

Vacuum Systems
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:09:38 pm »
I know this has been discussed multiple times before, but I need a vacuum system for my Jacuzzi J-345.  We have gravel paths all around and the gravel is ending up in the tub.  So I need something with enough suction power to pick up gravel.  I've look at the Muck Vac, the Black Magic and the Paradise.  From this forum the tilt is towards the Paradise.  Opinions, suggestions, experiences?

Hot Tub Forum

Vacuum Systems
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:09:38 pm »

sorebikr

Re: Vacuum Systems
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 02:13:35 pm »
Just curious (in case anyone else is having this issue) have you considered running a water line out there, maybe with a foot activated control, so people could easily rinse their feet off first?  I know this is not what you're asking, but this might be something I want to consider in the future and I'm curious if it works.

ronsno

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 02:18:20 pm »
Not a bad idea.  Our spa is brand new and I'm still setting up the space. I've install a big mat so far, but debris will get in no matter what, so I want a simply easy to use vacuum system.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 02:34:36 pm »
 Spa vac is probably one of the better ones out there. 

ronsno

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 02:43:01 pm »

There are several out there called spa vac, I see one called Paradise Spa Vac and another called SpaVac 127 pool blaster.  One works on batteries the other water suction.  Which one are you referring to. Thanks.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 05:25:55 pm »
GAME vac
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 09:02:46 pm »

There are several out there called spa vac, I see one called Paradise Spa Vac and another called SpaVac 127 pool blaster.  One works on batteries the other water suction.  Which one are you referring to. Thanks.

Sorry bout that, we sell the Paradise brand and they work well. 

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 11:50:23 am »
I also sell the Paradise brand, although in our store it is private labeled for HotSpring. Works great! One moving part, not counting your finger.

I also sell a little thing I put together from PVC parts - I call it the "Econo Vac" and it is real popular with our beach clients. They fight sand constantly. I simply put a garden hose adapter on a 36" section of 3/4" PVC. I smooth the end so it doesn't scratch the tub, and sell it for $5. You put it on a garden hose and start a siphon. If you have to use it constantly like my beach folks, then get a short hose to keep on the vac at all times. With sand, it always ends up on the same corner(s) so you can get it out fast. I don't know if gravel will do the same, but it works pretty well anyway.

here's the part I use- available in home centers for $2 or so:

I had a client who didn't like the cheapness of that, so I put together a spotless section of furniture-grade PVC pipe with coupler, to which I glued about 7 feet of clear vinyl tubing, 3/4". That combination must have looked more like a real tool to this individual, because he gladly paid me $25 for it, and has used it for years now. Other than the looks, it is identical to my 'econo vac.'

HTH

8)

8)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:52:14 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

smackman

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 12:42:59 pm »
I clean sand out of my Hot Tub siphoning with a water hose; I have a old water hose that I cut one end off it and it works well.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 01:51:35 pm »
Smacky -

That's actually what I do with the "Econo Vac," except it is rigid (your hose may be rigid if it's old enough  ;) ) so you can reach the corners. Make one if you get a chance, I think you'll like it.

I also use my little 'vac' for filling the tub - it keeps the hose from blowing out of the tub, and if I close the lid on it the lid can't pinch the hose off.

8)

ronsno

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 02:42:08 pm »
I already have a clear 1" plastic hose that I use to siphon my water feature.  I'll try that, although I already ordered the Spa Vac (darn), but it looks pretty handy.  Thanks for all the advice by the way.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 04:26:27 pm »
Some spa vacs work very well. I'd stick with the dealer recommendation.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:28:17 pm by Hot Spring Ace »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 10:19:59 am »
I already have a clear 1" plastic hose that I use to siphon my water feature.  I'll try that, although I already ordered the Spa Vac (darn), but it looks pretty handy.  Thanks for all the advice by the way.

Hoses work great, but they can be hard to 'steer' into the corners - hence the PVC extension. If your 1" hose is stiff enough to point it where you need it, you should have no trouble, other than the amount of water you will remove with the larger hose. I have worked with this for two decades and for me, 3/4" with a 36" 'wand' on the end is perfect.

I do have a 1/2" model on my truck for grabbing screws and other small parts I may drop into a cold tub. It works slow enough that I don't get a large puddle in the working area, and I can have it dump into a bucket without overflowing - but it still pulls. In fact I can use that one on my showroom floor into a 5 gallon pail and get the spa looking great in a minute or two.

8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 10:19:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42