What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FL 1 error on Sundance Tango 2003, maybe bad circ pump?  (Read 4850 times)

jbuckh

FL 1 error on Sundance Tango 2003, maybe bad circ pump?
« on: June 10, 2012, 08:40:11 pm »
We just got a Sundance Tango hot tub from my brother, hooked it up, and have been getting a FL 1 error.

When we hit the breaker, the tub turns on and immediately gives the FL 1 error, then after about a minute it goes away and begins to heat up. The main pump seems work fine. After about 20-30 minutes, the FL 1 error comes back and will stay there until I turn off the tub and reset it.

We get the error regardless of whether the filters are in or not (they are brand new anyway), I've checked for clogs everywhere and there is nothing. I checked the ohms on the flow switch and they are within range from what I have researched. I think it might be the circ pump, but want to be positive before I go out and get another.

Thanks for any thoughts

Hot Tub Forum

FL 1 error on Sundance Tango 2003, maybe bad circ pump?
« on: June 10, 2012, 08:40:11 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: FL 1 error on Sundance Tango 2003, maybe bad circ pump?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:01:56 pm »
   You going to have to check when the FL1 comes on if in fact the circ pump has stopped, ( put your hand on it)  If its not then you want to see if the circuit board is sending power to the circ pump, in which case your gonna need a volt meter.    I believe the Tango was a 110/220v spa so the circ pump should be drawing 110v

jbuckh

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:19:26 pm »
We were able to get it to heat to 104 by turning it off at the breaker and back on in 30 min increments.

When the Fl1 error shows, the circ pump turns off. Checked the voltage and the circuit board is sending 110 to the circ pump. It is also sending 230 to the main pump when the jets are off and 110 to the main when they are clicked on. When the jets are turned on, the FL1 error comes up, when they are turned off it goes away.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 04:12:16 pm »
 Kind of odd what you have going on.  Is it set up on any kind of internal timer?   My guess is at this point a bad circ if in fact the board is sending power to it when it's not running.   Doesn't explain any of the other stuff, so it may be a faulty board or top side as well.   If the jets are turned off, the board should not be sending power to the main pump and it should be 110 which is what your saying, not sure why it reads 230v when the pump is off?    Might be worth checking the jumpers on the board.  The schematic on the back of the panel should tell you what you need jumpers on.  Worth a try. 

clover

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 09:26:56 am »
The only thing that uses 240v is the heater, while everything else draws 110 v.  I would suspect the problem to be focused on the circ pump.  Check the plastic grid screen in the filter suction fitting that the filter end fits in to for any obstruction. 

While it is in operation, put your hand on the filter suction going to the circ pump, if no suction, the circ pump is not drawing water and the reason for the FL 1 message.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 09:26:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42