What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi Questions. Dealer Options costs and Clearray/Ozone  (Read 7009 times)

Lantern88

Jacuzzi Questions. Dealer Options costs and Clearray/Ozone
« on: June 07, 2012, 01:41:35 pm »
Hello,

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a J495 but I have a few questions that could help me negotiating with the dealer.

1.   Can Ozone and Clearray co-exist?  Any advantages? (will it reduce my chemicals and the smell associated with them?)
2.   Anyone know what the dealer cost of these dealer options:

Cover
      Cover lifter
      Ozone
      Smartseal  (does it really save 25% electricity and worth the money)
      Prolites corner cabinetry lighting

3.  Is it too much to ask for the dealer to include these in with the spa?  (not asking for stereo or steps)

:) Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi Questions. Dealer Options costs and Clearray/Ozone
« on: June 07, 2012, 01:41:35 pm »

Re: Jacuzzi Questions. Dealer Options costs and Clearray/Ozone
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 01:49:00 pm »
Not sure about Clear ray and ozone together, but can't see why not.

I bought a Jacuzzi 230CD last year. I gave them a list and of things and the price I was prepared to pay which was £1000 under the RRP.

I asked for;
Installation, cover, cover lifter, optional ozone, steps and chemical starter pack. All were included in the price.

I don't think its unreasonable to ask for those items included in the price, but at the end of the day it depends what overall price you are paying.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 01:54:03 pm »
Hello,

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a J495 but I have a few questions that could help me negotiating with the dealer.

1.   Can Ozone and Clearray co-exist?  Any advantages? (will it reduce my chemicals and the smell associated with them?)

Cover
      Cover lifter
      Ozone

3.  Is it too much to ask for the dealer to include these in with the spa?  (not asking for stereo or steps)

1) I wouldn't get both, that would seem redundant and I certainly wouldn't pay to add the second. I'd get whats included and stick with that.
2) I have an idea on some of those costs but I wouldn't comment even if I knew them specifically. Getting an upgraded cover is always a good idea in cold weather areas IMO and a cover lifter is a must for me.
3) Spas prices are everything that comes with them are negotiable. Of course there is nothing wrong with asking them to include accessory items just as there is nothing wrong with them replying "can't do". Give it a shot, maybe they'll meet you part way.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:56:31 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 02:26:34 pm »
Hello,

Cover
      Cover lifter
      Ozone

cover, cover lift and an ozonator should all be included for a tub of that price imo...I personally wouldn't pay for a clearray upgrade as using a good corona discharge ozone works fine imo, but if you think you need it then buy it...lights are subjective so again if you think you can negotiate that into the price then buy all means give it a go.  I have no idea what "smart seal" is..personally it sounds like a typical marketing ploy to increase margins on something that should already be included with a tub of that price..again just my .02

smackman

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 03:33:42 pm »
Hello,

Cover
      Cover lifter
      Ozone

cover, cover lift and an ozonator should all be included for a tub of that price imo...I personally wouldn't pay for a clearray upgrade as using a good corona discharge ozone works fine imo, but if you think you need it then buy it...lights are subjective so again if you think you can negotiate that into the price then buy all means give it a go.  I have no idea what "smart seal" is..personally it sounds like a typical marketing ploy to increase margins on something that should already be included with a tub of that price..again just my .02

Clear Ray is Standard equipment on 2012 Jacuzzi Hot Tubs. I like it and wish I had it on my 2010 J 465.

Lantern88

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 09:33:32 pm »
Thanks guys for all the advice.

I just came back from the dealer and after some negotiations, My wife and I purchased a Platinum 2012 Jacuzzi J495.  As options or extras we got The cover, Lifter, Ozone (back up to Clearray), Smartseal (extra factory insulation) in the deal at a reasonable price.

The dealer mentioned that he has a spa school that' I'll be taking advantage of ....  I noticed he sells or encourages the use of a product called Spaguard
.... He says I can expect chems/filters to average out about $30 per month + electricity costs. We calculated that based on our local energy costs (0.06 to 0.08$ per KWH ) that our electricity costs should be about $20 - $25 monthly with the aid of the SmartSeal and the fact that my wife and I don't like temperatures above 100F and our average temperature here is about 60F yearly.

What do you think of the monthly 'maintenance' costs?

Because my wife and I both want as a little chem smell as possible ... what do you guys think of SpaNaturally?
Their start up Kit is $75  .... and $16 refills

I'm thinking of not doing the Spaguard and trying out this method.

Cheers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 09:33:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42