What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Conduit - How does the conduit enter the tub J-345  (Read 6836 times)

ronsno

Conduit - How does the conduit enter the tub J-345
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:46:15 am »
I'm hoping to get an answer to this question quickly.  I have a concrete slab ready to be poured next week.  When I got home last night there was a 1" conduit about 18" into the gravel base from the edge.  Clearly the conduit is not correct.  What my contractor is attempting to do is set the conduit so that it comes out between the skirt and the bottom of the pan.

How does the conduit actually enter the tub?  Do you cut out an opening in the pan?  Does it enter from the outside of the skirt?  Are there built in entrance points?  If so is there just one or one per side? Do you fish the conduit in between the skirt and the pan? What happens after the conduit is inside the skirt?

A little more reference, I've ordered the Jacuzzi J-345. It's outside dimensions are 84X84. I understand the actual pan dimensions that rest on the pad are 73X73, then it curves up and inside the skirt.  My pad is going to be 90X90.  So my contractor wants to position the conduit more than 3" from the outside of the pad to theoretically land in the area of the pan that curves up. 

As you look at the front of the hot tub (looking at the controller), the electrical will be coming from the left and entering on the left side. Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Conduit - How does the conduit enter the tub J-345
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:46:15 am »

cdsalo

Re: Conduit - How does the conduit enter the tub J-345
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 01:36:56 pm »
The power panel for your spa should be behind one of the side panels for your spa. The base of my spa is open in this area.  I have a 1" pvc conduit that comes up from the ground and is attached to the power panel with a 1" section of flexible conduit.  As your control display is probably located above your power panel, the location of your power feed will determine the location of the control panel on the pad.  Be sure to comply with your local building code - grounding - arc flash - ground fault prevention (GFCI).

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 01:38:11 pm »
 There is a conduit hole on the lower right and lower left corner of the abs base front side of the spa.   If he is thinking of coming up from the btm which is doable, he has to make sure he doesn't come up under a pump.    18" in would be really close if you have space to fudge left or right?   He will have to drill through the inside plywood base holding the equipment and then through the abs base. 

ronsno

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 04:50:54 pm »
No that conduit at 18" in is wrong and will have to be redone.  Can it come in on the left side between the skirt and the base (in the curve of the pan), or does have two come in on the front left?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 05:37:38 pm »
 It's kind of hard to explain.   If you are close to your dealer go down and look at the spa.  Have him open one up for you so you can see whats going on.   

ronsno

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:08:53 pm »
I'll get there tomorrow, but does the conduit have to come up where the built in power outlets are, or can you cut a hole in the curved part of the pan that is 24" from the front on the left hand side coming up just inside the skirt?  :o

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 10:00:11 pm »
I'll get there tomorrow, but does the conduit have to come up where the built in power outlets are, or can you cut a hole in the curved part of the pan that is 24" from the front on the left hand side coming up just inside the skirt?  :o

No like I mentioned you don't have to use the conduit knock outs.  You can measure over and come up from underneath.  But you also have a sheet of plywood inside that you have to drill through, or you can drill through at an angle to get inside the equipment area.  Once you see it you will know what I mean.   

ronsno

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 02:04:55 am »
Thanks for all the help 8)

ronsno

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 05:08:49 pm »
Okay, I went to the store today and pulled off the front and left corner panel. I took pictures and measurements and went out and pinponted where the conduit needs to come up.

Thanks for all the help and advice ::)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 07:05:56 pm »
Okay, I went to the store today and pulled off the front and left corner panel. I took pictures and measurements and went out and pinponted where the conduit needs to come up.

Thanks for all the help and advice ::)

Well you could have picked up the phone and called your dealer to start with.   Sorry we couldn't help you more.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:07:37 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 07:05:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42