What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian 24hr circulation and filter cycles  (Read 6186 times)

matt_s

Artesian 24hr circulation and filter cycles
« on: May 25, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »
Does the 24hr circulation operates independently of the filter cycles (1 and 2)? Or do I need to set the filter cycles to 12 hour each? That would in turn mess upp the economy program, so the ideal thing would be to have two shorter filter cycles and 24 hour circ pump.

The reason I ask is because I turned off power to clean filters today at 11 Am. Later in the evening I noticed the circ.pump was not running. Mode was set to Standard, temp was 1 degree over set temperature. Is this normal?

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian 24hr circulation and filter cycles
« on: May 25, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Artesian 24hr circulation and filter cycles
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:43:56 am »
I hope you get a response from somebody who is more familiar with you specific tub, but in general, there can be a small circ pump which runs all the time, and then a filter cycle which kicks in one of the jet pumps to move more water around.

Giving us the model and year might help other Artesian owners to chime in.

HTH

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

matt_s

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 03:07:55 pm »
It is a Pacific Dunes, year 2010. It has a small circ. pump but the question is if it runs independently of the two filter cycles or if I need to have them set to 24h if I want continuos filtration and ozone?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 07:25:12 pm »
  I know older Artesian controls but not the new ones.  Since your a guy I am assuming you haven't read the manual?   It's probably in the mode section on your top side.   I know you use to be able to program pump 1 which would be your filter cycle pump.   Most circ pumps usually run 24hrs no matter what.  Scroll through your mode and see if a "circ" option comes up the press select or something like that to adjust the time?

Well I just read your manual and it says to press the up or down btn then press the mode btn and scroll through that.  It also said your circ pump was set to run 24hrs at the factory, so unless you or kids pressed the wrong btns it should be running 24/7 if it's been really hot where you are it's possible the pump is shutting down to cool off for a bit.    Other than that I don't know.    Got a dealer? call him  ;D   
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 07:33:51 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

matt_s

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:52:27 am »
I have read the manual and talked to the dealer, otherwise I wouldn't post here  :) I know that the factory preset is 24h but let's just say that the preset is not there anymore. So, I don't know what that is supposed to be. Maybe I will have to contact the manufacturer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 01:52:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42