What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Setup questions  (Read 2676 times)

Skidog88

Setup questions
« on: May 22, 2012, 08:36:16 pm »
Ok - So I've reached a preliminary agreement on a j-480 used, which I'm really excited about. The deal will complete Thursday, so I'll be happier once all is completed. But I have 3 questions in preparation if anyone could assist ;)

First the tub does not have a cover lifter. I was looking at getting the covermate III since it only needs 4 inches of clearance on the side and 6 inches. Any issues with that product? I looked at buying online to install myself, but also I'm going to call the local dealer because the tub needs a new cover anyways.

Second I'm planning on putting the tub in the corner of the deck with the prescribed clearance on the sides ( probably leave 7 inches of clearance all around). Any watch out I should consider in placement?

Finally it looks like the covermate can only be installed to lift the cover over the waterfall on the 480. Just wanted to verify.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Setup questions
« on: May 22, 2012, 08:36:16 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Setup questions
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:38:58 am »
  Covermate 3 will work fine, and yes the lift has to go to the back towards the w,fall.   Your clearence around the tub sounds fine!  The J-480 is a great spa.

Skidog88

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:38:35 pm »
Thanks Jim! Now I just need my local dealer to call me back with an estimate. Patience is not my best virtue  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:38:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42