What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is 11 jets enough in a small round tub?  (Read 5172 times)

Is 11 jets enough in a small round tub?
« on: May 22, 2012, 08:47:17 pm »
Hi there,

I'm currently trying to decide between two hot tubs.

The first is a California Cooperage 103. It's last year's model and has 11, jets including the foot jet (also has a waterfall).

The second model is a Jacuzzi J-210, which has 19 jets.

I'm a little bummed that the 103 has fewer jets.  I'm not sure if It will matter but I wanted opinions.  Aside from lack of jets, the reason I'm considering the 103 over the J-210 is it's $500 cheaper, has more comfortable seating, steel frame and ABS bottom. But if the 11 instead of 19 jets is an issue I might reconsider.

If I order a newer 103 it will have 16 jets but it costs over $900 more.

Cheers.

Hot Tub Forum

Is 11 jets enough in a small round tub?
« on: May 22, 2012, 08:47:17 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Is 11 jets enough in a small round tub?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:03:19 pm »
If the jets don't hit you in the right place, 11 could be too many.

wet test, Wet Test, WET TEST

I only use my jets to mix in the chemicals
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:10:27 pm »
That's a good point. My wife isn't a fan of jets period so more jets might be asking too much. I'll look into testing it out.

the 103 is much more comfortable on a dry test though with more conformed bucket seating.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:44:03 pm »
Once buoyant, everything with regards to comfort changes.

My hot tub has 2 jets.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:07:01 am »
Generally speaking with all things being eqaul I'd lean toward Jacuzzi but in this case all things aren't equal. I wouldn't care about the steel frame and the ABS bottom wouldn't mean all that much to me but that point about one being much more comfortable than the other would be enough to tip the scales in this comparison (let alone also being $500 cheaper). As far as the jets go, number of jets means less than type and placement.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:43:09 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:40:01 am »
its not about how many, but how they feel and if they hit you in the right "spots"....I'll echo the above in saying wet test, wet test

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 09:08:13 pm »
Thet jets on the 103 are all the same sized, larger ones, some high, some lower, two per seat at most, wherease J-210 has different sized jets some large, some smaller, placed in different configs per sitting station.   

I do like the brand name brand of jacuzzi better, but dimensions wise they are pratically the same. However, the 103 has 2 steps in which is perfect for my 5 year old as he can sit high out of the water and he can put his feet on the lower step.

Oh yah, the Jacuzzi is foam insulation, the 103 uses insulation panels (Blumaxx it's called) so there's that to consider as well.  The foam is probably better for efficiency, but I also don't mind the idea of the panels since they can be removed for servicing.

Anyway, I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet. I will see about testing.

BTW, the Jacuzzi J-210 is 2012 model, and has the Clear Ray for $5500

The 103 was built in late Dec 2010 (show room model) and comes with ClearZone1 for $4995

Canadian prices.

Maxx dealer very friendly, seem down to earth.
Jacuzzi dealer - Not as much, used car salesman like.

Warranty on J-210 - 2 years parts and service.
Warranty on 103 - 3 years parts and service.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:16:00 pm by 720 »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 11:09:38 pm »
 Like mentioned if you can wet test do so.  Don't let your 5yo decide the spa.  So many people I get in the store worry that little Joey needs to have some place to sit down.  Once a kid gets in a hot tub after a few times they will take to it like a fish in water, seats or steps really won't matter.  It will be get me my fins and snorkle, oh and I need something to dive for.   This is coming from the father of an 11 and a 7yo both raised with jumping feet first into a hot tub.    Your little one is not going to tell you about his day or the girl he likes till at least 11 or older.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:06:27 am »
As has been stated: comfort dry is not comfort wet.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 10:06:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42