What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-245 vs. Coast Spa Zenith (Northwind) Prices  (Read 17156 times)

Jacuzzi J-245 vs. Coast Spa Zenith (Northwind) Prices
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:27:54 pm »
Hi there,

We've been looking at Hot Tubs here in BC Canada and we've narrowed it down to two brands and lines.

The Jacuzzi J-245
Coast Spa Northwind Zenith Model

The Coast Spa Northwind Zenith is being offered at $6500 CND with lift cover and steps, with no Ozonator (have to buy seperately).
The Jacuzzi j-245 is being offered at $6800 CND with lift cover and steps, and has the UV system included for 2012 models.

Delivery and chemicals are included.

The thing is, neither store seems to want to come down in price. I'm leaning towards the Jacuzzi but I was hoping they could be talked down and don't seem to want to budge. The sales person is seems firm. Is that price too much or fair for what I'm getting?  Jacuzzi seems to be a well respected brand.

Cheers.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-245 vs. Coast Spa Zenith (Northwind) Prices
« on: May 18, 2012, 08:27:54 pm »

Re: Jacuzzi J-245 vs. Coast Spa Zenith (Northwind) Prices
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:03:52 pm »
The other factor is the depth. The Coast Spa is 40 inches deep. the J-245 is 36 inches deep, which is a + for the Coast Spa.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 08:29:39 am »
Looking at the layout of the two spa's, the Jacuzzi J-245 has more room inside it as far as seating goes. The Coast website sucks as far as trying to find out what the Zenith has for pumps, not that it matters.   When I look at the seating in the Zenith it looks very cramped and it is only 80x80.   Have you wet tested either of them?   

smackman

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 09:05:48 am »
The other factor is the depth. The Coast Spa is 40 inches deep. the J-245 is 36 inches deep, which is a + for the Coast Spa.

My Jacuzzi J 465 has a depth of 39"......  The actual water level is 27" with water at the correct level. It will rise 2" when me and the wife are in it.

I am 6'2". When I get in my lounger, the depth is perfect for me. The head rest lines up perfectly with my big watermelon head.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 11:12:50 am »
Hi guys thanks for the replies.

To the height issue, for Jacuzzi we're stuck with the 36 inch height since the 200 series is what we can afford. I'm not certain on water depth.

I haven't tested either yet but I narrowed it down to these two because we don't have a lot of options outside of ordering online or buying something from Home Depot or Costco. I'm heading back to the Jacuzzi store so I can do a seating test and figure out actual depth. I'm 6 feet of just under, my wife is 5 foot 3.

The Coast spa has very limited information on their site for the Northwind series which is a bit of a red flag. But the dealer was nice and went over build quality etc. It is deeper but the seating might not be as good overall as the J-245.

On the other hand, I've also started looking at even less roomed tubs with the J-210 round tub and the Denali from Sundance. Even though they only seat 4 the price is a little more appealing and might be big enough for our small family (3 people). I don't expect I'll be soaking with the inlaws when they come over anyway ;)  so it's an idea. But they have less options and only one pump.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 05:43:18 pm »
So now we're looking at:

Jacuzzi 210 $5500 CND

California Cooperage 103 for $4900-$6000 CND (if we get the show room model the cheaper price. The $6000 has all options)

the 103 is 35 inches so it's one inch shorter, but, it has a 3 year parts and service warranty. The Jacuzzi is 2 year.

The 103 also has a steel frame and ABS bottom which is appealing. The 103 is also 81 inches wide whie the Jacuzzi is 78, although I don't know if that translates into a noticable difference. I just spoke to the Cooperage dealer over the phone I need to go in and check it out.

The Jacuzzi has Clearray, the Cooperage with a Cleanzone ozonator.

Overall the Cooperage has a slightly better warranty.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 05:43:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42