What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Walk-in Hot Tub!  (Read 4111 times)

bsmither

Walk-in Hot Tub!
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:06:32 pm »
I have just started a bathroom project that will replace a Japanese Soaking Tub with a walk-in tub (to accommodate a disabled person who cannot ingress and egress a tub normally).

Many walk-in tubs also offer water/air jets (hydrotherapy?).

What I am looking for is a "hot tub" with a walk-in side door. I have found the JACUZZI® FINESTRA™ 6042 MODEL (EXTRA WIDE) (image can be seen at Independent Living USA).

If I am going to make this expenditure, I might as well get a real-nice (or nice as possible) "hot tub-ish" walk-in tub.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Walk-in Hot Tub!
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:06:32 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Walk-in Hot Tub!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »
Regular hot tub and a lift.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

bsmither

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:51:26 pm »
Thank you for the reply, but no. Replacing the Japanese Soaker with a regular hot tub isn't worth the effort or expense. Nor is the disabled person (85 year-old mother-in-law with two hip replacements and a future knee replacement who is funding this whole thing) going to accept the hoist/sling/lift concept.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »
Thank you for the reply, but no. Replacing the Japanese Soaker with a regular hot tub isn't worth the effort or expense. Nor is the disabled person (85 year-old mother-in-law with two hip replacements and a future knee replacement who is funding this whole thing) going to accept the hoist/sling/lift concept.

have your priced those walk-in tubs? sometimes they can be far more expensive after installation and everything involved that a portable spa, not to mention weak on the hydrotherapy end of it vs portable options

bsmither

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »
Yes, I have priced the walk-in tubs.

Can a portable spa accommodate a person who cannot ingress and egress a tub normally? How does a portable spa function as a bath tub?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42