What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Found a Tub, Now Faced With Dilemma  (Read 3934 times)

D.A.

Found a Tub, Now Faced With Dilemma
« on: May 13, 2012, 05:28:58 pm »
So I thought I was set on a Jacuzzi J-470, but it won't work with the way I want to install it.  I was planning on surrounding it with stone, and leaving the back open for access.  The problem is, on the J-470, the the back of the tub rises up, like a rainbow.  That would mean that the opposite side, ( where the controller is, and where you get in ) would have to be open and face the back of the yard.  I think that would look stupid.  It wouldn't be a huge deal to leave the access covered, but the dealer said the clear ray bulb needs replaced every 18 months.  They also said that it isn't that hard to slide it back a foot or so to do it.  My question is, do I risk messing up the tub by doing this every 18 months, and does anyone have any other ideas of how to go about this.  If I can't figure it out, I may just pass on getting a tub, as this is the only tub that I really liked!

Hot Tub Forum

Found a Tub, Now Faced With Dilemma
« on: May 13, 2012, 05:28:58 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Found a Tub, Now Faced With Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:21:12 am »
If its the tub you want skip the clear ray. UV technology is certainly nothing new and while I know they've done a great job marketing it as some new fangled "got to have" item in reality its hardly something you can't live without. Besides, I always used to tell people to change their UV bulbs yearly, I wonder how well its working those extra 6 months.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

D.A.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 11:31:34 am »
If its the tub you want skip the clear ray. UV technology is certainly nothing new and while I know they've done a great job marketing it as some new fangled "got to have" item in reality its hardly something you can't live without. Besides, I always used to tell people to change their UV bulbs yearly, I wonder how well its working those extra 6 months.
Yeah, they say Jacuzzi recommends every year, but the owner, and a lady that works there said they replace their's every 18 months.  At this point, I don't know what to believe.  I going to talk with my contractor and see if he can come up with an alternative, that will still look good.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 01:03:33 pm »
your solution is simple...skip the ClearRay and the need to buy a $100 bulb every year and stick with a standard corona discharge ozonator = problem solved

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 02:07:32 pm »
your solution is simple...skip the ClearRay and the need to buy a $100 bulb every year and stick with a standard corona discharge ozonator = problem solved

Or your happy with the tub, use it will it needs serviced for another reason.  My bulb in my UV Ozone system is 9 years old. When did it die?  I don't know and I have no trouble keeping my water clean with out it. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 02:07:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42