What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used tub Jacuzzi versus Sundance  (Read 4066 times)

Skidog88

Used tub Jacuzzi versus Sundance
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:12:37 pm »
All – I’ve been keeping my eye on the used market and came across two potential buys and wanted to get thoughts. One is a 2007 Sundance Cameo, the other is a 2006 Jacuzzi 480. I’ve seen them both, but wanted feedback on additional questions \ other things to consider.

The ’07 Cameo is listed at 3,650 and I’d rate it in ‘good’ condition. There’s a little more wear and tear on the shell, and the cover felt heavier than the 480 (I think I’d be replacing it in the near future). But everything runs fine, couldn’t find any leaks, no weird noises. Seems like a real solid deal.

The ’06 Jacuzzi is listed for $4,600 and I’d rate in ‘excellent’ condition. The cover was replaced a few years ago, and seems to be in great condition. The tub looks close to new (but the seller did just replace all the pillows), and no leaks \ weird noises. it seems obvious the tub was well cared for.

All things being equal I’d go with the Jacuzzi, but the price seems a little high (but it may just be in comparison to the Cameo). Would love any feedback \ thoughts on other things to look for. At the end of the day I know they are both great tubs, just looking for thoughts.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Used tub Jacuzzi versus Sundance
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:12:37 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Used tub Jacuzzi versus Sundance
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 03:26:05 pm »
  Both nice spa's I think the lounge in the $80 is a bit shorter than the Cameo?   Filtration wise both are good,same with the jets.  Price wise is tough to compare sounds like the Jacuzzi was taken better care of.   Kind of a coin toss, which one is your gut telling you to go with?   

Skidog88

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:32:39 pm »
Gut is Jacuzzi, but the price 'feels' high. Obviously I can offer lower, but the seller isn't motivated. Whereas the Cameo owner is motivated and left the door open for negotiation.

End of the day I don't think either will be a miss.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 05:37:42 pm »
Gut is Jacuzzi, but the price 'feels' high. Obviously I can offer lower, but the seller isn't motivated. Whereas the Cameo owner is motivated and left the door open for negotiation.

I'd make an offer on the Cameo then, $4600 is too high for the other spa and if he isn't willing to negotiate then I would walk away in my opinion

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 06:03:23 pm »

I'd make an offer on the Cameo then, $4600 is too high for the other spa and if he isn't willing to negotiate then I would walk away in my opinion

I think they’re both high but used spa prices are always negotiable and maybe one or the other owner will understand that. I like to use a very general guideline based on the year it was made (and with the assumption the spa is in good working order). In general I think a 1 year old spa is worth about 60% of the original price assuming it has the wear of a 1 year old, a 2 year old about 50% and then about 5% off per year. In that case a 5 year old ('07 Sundance) would go for about 35% of the original selling price and a 6 year old about 30%. Again its just a guideline assuming good condition but it gives me a general idea of whether I think the pricing is in the ballpark. While I don't know exactly what those two models sold for in those years, IMO they're both overpriced. Of course you'd also have to take the cover condition into consideration but I'd offer about a grand less for each (or maybe 850 less if I really wanted it)  and see if either counters with the expectation of meeting somewhere in the middle. If they are firm with those pries then its a polite "no thanks" because they are overvaluing what they have IMO.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 06:03:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42