What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Flo Question  (Read 3001 times)

mdehnel

Sundance Flo Question
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:09:33 pm »
Well, I tried to show a picture of my spa question but I cannot figure out how to insert the image.   >:(

Let me try asking the question without it.  I set about to measuring the resistance of the flo switch to see if it was faulty.  Unplugging the sensor connector and measure between to the pins showed a very high MG ohm reading.  Not a complete open but not what I would expect for a normally closed (0 ohm) reading either.  I tried running the spa with the sensor connector out but it must use some of the sensor resistance in part of its BIT circuirty and did not allow me to start the spa.  I removed the panel where the flo switch is, plugged the sensor connector back in and turned it on again.  What I noticed was that the flo switch never moved at all.

Does that indicate that the circulator pump SM-909-NHW-183/4 is shot?  Am I correct in assuming that the pump should be running regardless of sensor readings.  And that the sensors only determine whether the heater needs to be on or off?  Is there a way to test the circulator pump?

I'm assuming:
no flow "open" = no heater (damage the heater)
flo "closed" and low temperature = heater
flo "closed  and over temperature = no heater
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Flo Question
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:09:33 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance Flo Question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 09:08:03 pm »
 Well if you turn your temp up and the circ pmp does not come on there is a good chance it has failed. Are you in std mode and not an economy,what spa mdl is it? 
   In english if your pump isn't running your gonna get a flo error.   Flo switch does not control the pump.  It does control your heater.  No flo no heat.  If you have flo with no heat possibly a bad flo switch. 

mdehnel

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 02:07:07 am »
Thanks Jim,

That is what I thought just wanted to make sure before I sunk another 180 bucks into the spa.  Spa's making filling my car up with gas not so bad considering.

;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 02:07:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42