What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another Noob...  (Read 3380 times)

Hop

Another Noob...
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:16:26 pm »
Ok another noob here with questions.  I've done a lot of searching on this forum as well as others and have narrowed the search down to either a Hot Spot Relay or Tempo as they are both in the price range and from a reputable company.  We are located just North of Charlotte NC and I've found what I believe to be a solid dealer in Pineville NC that's been around for close to 30 years and I liked the interraction with the owner. Another thing I liked about them is that they had a printed price list on all their models that clearly states what they are and what comes with the unit.  Both of the units we've narrowed it down to come with delivery, cover and cover lifter, steps, and a water care kit.

Here are my questions as well as more information:

1 - Has anyone here every dealt with or know anything about Mister Spa in Pineville NC?

2 - The Relay is the smaller of the two by approximately 5" and is 2' shorter at 36" so will that make a major difference?

3 - The Tempo is larger and deeper so same as question 2 really?

4 - Relay is $5,300 - good deal or not?

5 - Tempo is $6,200 - good deal or not?

There is another dealer here locally for Hot Spot and his prices were approximately $1,000 higher off the top so clearly some room for negotiation with them.

Thanks for any input that anyone can provide

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

Another Noob...
« on: May 04, 2012, 10:16:26 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Another Noob...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »
Can't help you with the dealer but a spa with a lounge thats only 5" bigger and 2" deeper really doesn't make that much of a difference in the big scheme of things as far as fitting people in. Save the grand and get the relay.   The seating in the 2 are basically the same in my opinion.    Looks like the footwell is bigger in the one so who knows?   Much comes down to what you want and if it's worth the extra grand?   How many people will be using the spa 90% of the time? 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:32:53 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

DeaconV

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 02:05:09 am »
Can't say as an expert, but I can tell you that our local dealer has us quoted at $6800 for the Tempo, without a lift so you're surely in the right neighborhood!

Hop

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 04:34:18 pm »
Well...

After going back and testing the Relay it was too small in the lounge to fit my 6'1" frame and then after my wife saw the Sundance Optima and we tested it we were sold. No lounge but a great foot tower and the dealer made us what I believe is a great deal on a new 2011 model with ozonator, steps, cover and lifter as well as the chemical package with deliver for $10,000 out the door I am now a spa owner.

Electrician was out today to look at the job and to make the run as well as the 60amp box for another $950 which will be done tomorrow we should be soaking by next weekend!

Thanks to everyone here for all their posts that I read before posting my own!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:51:25 am »
Can't help you with the dealer but a spa with a lounge thats only 5" bigger and 2" deeper really doesn't make that much of a difference in the big scheme of things as far as fitting people in. Save the grand and get the relay.   The seating in the 2 are basically the same in my opinion.    Looks like the footwell is bigger in the one so who knows?   Much comes down to what you want and if it's worth the extra grand?   How many people will be using the spa 90% of the time?

...and I tend to think just the opposite, you'll have this spa for a decade plus and if you can afford the difference I'm always for getting the roomier spa (unless both spas are already bigger than you truly need and in that case save the $$ if the extra size doesn't matter). Take that price difference and spread it out over a decade and decide whether its worth it.

You can argue it either way, go with your gut.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:51:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42