What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: used softub or voyager 2 ? ( i need a portable hot tub)  (Read 5806 times)

faeriegirl

used softub or voyager 2 ? ( i need a portable hot tub)
« on: April 29, 2012, 12:32:32 pm »
Hi guys, I wondered if you could help me. I live in a rented flat, plus my internal door is small (67cm wide) with no other garden access. I want to upgrade my inflatable spa to a hard shell, but the one I want will not fit throught the door ( roto spa duo spa), so I have to go for either a used softub or a voyager 2 (this is a modular one).
Can I get some advice from both of these as to which is the best. I crave powerful jets, but I know that won't be possible!
Thanks in advance for the replies.

Hot Tub Forum

used softub or voyager 2 ? ( i need a portable hot tub)
« on: April 29, 2012, 12:32:32 pm »

softubking

Re: used softub or voyager 2 ? ( i need a portable hot tub)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 01:19:35 pm »
Hi there my name is Shawn and I couldn't help notice your concern. I would love to help Im a Softub Dealer based out of Sylvan Lake,AB and I deliver these Sftubs All the time and Set them up. As wel,l we sell reconditioned used softubs with 1 yr No Hassle warranties. What softub are you looking at getting the 220 or 300? 220 is 24" wide and the 300 is only 27" wide when on there sides to roll. I haven't seen a spot yet i haven't been able to get these tubs indoor yet! Now there is a trick you can do to "Squeeze" Softubs  you use 2 Ratchet straps to squeeze the diameter of the tub up to 1.5meters. Since they are made of memory foam they bounce back to there original size. Ive had to do this on several delivery's inside peoples homes and narrow corners.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:43:30 pm by Forum Admin »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 11:20:46 am »
OP said - hard shell.

I know that you said there is "no other garden access." Does that include walls or fences? All of us dealers have had to do things to get these tubs into tight places, sometimes the client doesn't see an option which we might:
Could you lift it over a wall or fence with a small army of helpers? If you do purchase a roto-molded tub you will not be lifting much weight.

If there is a wood fence, could you take down a section? It doesn't have to be a major job: the right person could take down a section of wooden fence and have it back up in minutes. If they have experience in this type of work, the should also put it back together with screws instead of nails to facilitate removal or service in the future.

Some clients see a door through a car park or garage, but over look the larger doors through the house. Any joy on that?

Don't give up! We have gotten tubs into the most amazing spaces over the years!

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

faeriegirl

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:00:46 am »
thank you for the kind replies! I live on a fully terraced road,with no fences or gates on the whole street. And the houses are 4 stories high.. so theres no chance of access to the gardens :(

I'm now thinking of getting a modular hot tub that slots together. it doesn't have jets, only a bubbler, but i think thats my only option in this flat.
heres a link to the tub

http://www.canadianspacompany.co.uk/Hot-Tubs-and-Spas/Muskoka-portable-Hot-Tub.html

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:00:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42