What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Well, through digging I think I found 1 leak, but  (Read 8961 times)

anxious2tub

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Well, through digging I think I found 1 leak, but
« on: May 27, 2004, 06:06:39 am »
I removed the side and dug through foam, the good news is the jets appear to be fine but the bad news is in the corner where the moto massager is there is a 1/4 inch hose, I think, clamped on a nipple coming out of the backside of that massager wich is broke off.  I think the water is leaking from there.  The guy I bought the hot tub from told me he had that moto massager replaced with a better one, there was some kind of recall on it, it is not the air tube.  This tube is filled with water but what is its purpose ?  and can I cap it off from somewhereand not use it ?  EDoes this hose supply water to the moto massager inlet ?  What can be done to fix this ?
    My other leak that I thought was coming from the lens cover is not from there, it seems when the secondary drain is uncapped water is collecting inside the skirt and outside the tub and coming out that drain, I think the bottom jet's hose has a leak and is filling up with water in that area and is draining out that 2ndary drain, I removed the side skirt in that area and dug away at the foam but could not get to the jet, I am going to have to tip the hot tub up to get to that one,  Does this sound right  I am not sure I am just trying to chase the leak and seal it, I also took that jet apart and noticed there is a plastic ring around it which was broken, but I think that just allows it to swivel.  Again any help on this would be appreciated

thanks in advance   Joe

Hot Tub Forum

Well, through digging I think I found 1 leak, but
« on: May 27, 2004, 06:06:39 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Well, through digging I think I found 1 leak,
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 07:07:42 am »
The 1/4" fitting should be drilled out with a 19/64" drill bit, and a new "bleed nipple" glued in. You can use PVC cement, though I tend to use Devcon or permalite if I have it. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly before you push the tubing back on it, and be sure to warm the tubing - I use a small heat gun that I got at a craft store to do that - and use only the spring-type clamp that came on it: the automotive screw-type clamp will make it leak again in a few years.

As to the function of that fitting: bottom one is to drain the area, the top one is to move just a little bit of water through the area at all times so water doesn't get cold in the area. Some years combined the function into one line. Since you have already dug it out, you might as well fix it right.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Well, through digging I think I found 1 leak,
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 07:07:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42