What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1998 Hot Spring Hot tub Power light intermently flashing  (Read 2736 times)

nelford

1998 Hot Spring Hot tub Power light intermently flashing
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:44:12 pm »
I just purchased a used 1998 Used Hot Spring Hot tub. I saw it working before i purchsed it I moved it home put it in place filled it and have all the wiring donr the specifications in the manual.  When I turn breaker on I think it is the heater pump works (i think its the heater pump) and that is it.  After a while of having power supply running to it the display turns on for a second or two and then turns back off.  The Power light will flash for a while and then stop and this is all the tub will do.  I have used a voltage meter and there is 118 volts on all 3 power supply wires.  It calls for 1 30 amp 2 pole, and 1 20 amp single pole.  So i have good power at the tub and not sure what to check.  I am wondering if there is some kind of self resetting fuse that is kicking off and on.

I am at a loss and would greatly appreciate any help.

Nolan

Hot Tub Forum

1998 Hot Spring Hot tub Power light intermently flashing
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:44:12 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: 1998 Hot Spring Hot tub Power light intermently flashing
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:09 am »
That is a convertible tub - it can run on 110 or 220. Check to see that the jumpers are set correctly in the power block, and then check that the tiny little jumper is set correctly over on the 'mother board.'

The display is supposed to go on for a few moments and then go off until you touch a button.

I don't understand: does your power light flash and then stay ON steady or flash and then go OFF? The power light flashes when the heater gets too hot. That can be due to not enough water flow through the heater. In most cases that is from a dirty or clogged filter, or right after a spa is moved it can be due to an air bubble in the heating system. Put a garden hose down the center of the filter and blast it full flow - while you restart the 20A breaker ONLY. Then cap the filter and run the jets for ten minutes or so BEFORE you turn on the 30A breaker. That should prime both pumps and purge the heater system of air.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: 1998 Hot Spring Hot tub Power light intermently flashing
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42