What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salt system Technichlor, Nexa, Saltron  (Read 3460 times)

lyncch00

Salt system Technichlor, Nexa, Saltron
« on: April 06, 2012, 05:46:14 pm »
Hi.  I could use some help.  I have a Caldera Martinique with an ozonator for about 4 months now.  A family member as eczema.  Based on a recommendation from the tub dealer I've been using baquaspa.  We've been reading that eczema sufferers may find relief from chlorine.  Additionally, salt water would help too.  We were thinking of trying out chlorine.  Then I saw these chlorine generating salt devices.  We don't believe baquaspa has aggravated the condition but are willing to hook up a salt generator to see if we can provide some skin therapy.  Anybody on this forum have any experience with the salt system generators that are hung over the side into the spa?   I would greatly appreciate some feed back.  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Salt system Technichlor, Nexa, Saltron
« on: April 06, 2012, 05:46:14 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Salt system Technichlor, Nexa, Saltron
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:55:57 am »
Make sure if you add the salt generator to the spa that it won't void the warranty.  Since it is an after market component, most manufacturers will void the warranty on the spa as you are changing both the plumbing to the spa and most importantly the electrical. 

lyncch00

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:55:19 am »
I'm plugging the salt generator into a seperate 110 line and hanging the salt generator into the tub.  The electrical and plumbing in the tub will not be touched.  What changes in the tub is the addition of 4 lbs of salt to the water.  These salt generators are not integrated into the tubs components like the ace system used in hot springs.  I will however check my warranty to see if it says anything about salt. 

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 01:44:34 pm »
I know that HotSpring offers a retrofit kit to install ACE systems on tubs going back a few years, which includes a separate control panel. I don't know if that is true for the Caldera tubs. (I was a Caldera dealer but I am no longer one).

Also - if you are adding a third-party salt system, you should do your best to get lots of water flow through the cell. For me, that means putting it into the core of your filter, with the constant circ pump moving water over it.

And no, you will not be covered under warranty, IF the problem is CAUSED by this system. If you have a failure which is not in any way related to this system, you should still have coverage: Watkins is not looking for excuses to hang you out to dry. If you mess something up yourself with this system, be prepared to pay to fix it.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 01:44:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42