What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time Hot Tub buyer...  (Read 11119 times)

guarn3md

• Still waiting...
First time Hot Tub buyer...
« on: May 26, 2004, 10:20:43 pm »
My husband and I are looking for a hot tub.  I want a pool, husband doesn't want anything.  I am winning the Hot Tub compromise, I think!  :P
I have been to several stores - dragging out 2 yr old son...
Here is what we are looking for - There is only me, my husband and our two year old.  I don't want a tub big enough for all of our neighbors!!!!  And we don't need all the bells and whistles.  Remember - trying to convince DH that we need this tub!!!

I REALLY LIKE the Marquis Wish - I saw it at a dealer in Gaithersburg, MD today - the salesman quoted me this price:
$5995 minus $400 coupon and if I bought the floor model another $200 off. - Essentially $5295 plus tax.
He is also including Steps, Cover, Cover lifter, Ozonator and Nature2 Chemicals (3/4 month supply)
IS this a good deal???  Do people negotiate for hot tubs?  The floor model is acceptable - color and skirt...  He said it just went on the floor last Thursday and has never had water or people in it...  He is not pressuring me with any time frame.  Did say when the floor model is gone, then that deal is lost, kinda feel they would just bring out another... but don't know what to think of that!!!??? ???
Would appreciate any help.
I am also still waiting for the Landscapers to come out for the price of our stone patio.  So, I will not be able to purchase tub until I know what will be involved with the patio.
Thanks for all the help!!!! :)
Deb

Hot Tub Forum

First time Hot Tub buyer...
« on: May 26, 2004, 10:20:43 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: First time Hot Tub buyer...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 11:19:50 pm »
I can't comment on prices and you typically want to visit more than one dealer to really see what's out there but Marquis is a good choice (along with other such as Hot Spring, Sundance, Caldera, Beachcomber and Jacuzzi).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

guarn3md

• Still waiting...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 12:23:40 am »
I have been to multiple dealers.  The problem is that I can only find one dealer for each type of hot tub.  There seems to be shortage of Hot Tub stores in the Annapolis, MD area.  I have visited Hot Springs - Sumatran was $5495, Jacuzzi - J325(?) $5200 and Barefoot.
I have also talked with the Sundance dealer, Coleman dealer, and Master Spas dealer.  But they all told me about hot tubs over $5500!!!!!
I am so confused! :)
Deb

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 12:42:15 am »
If you are happy with the Marquis...it is a great spa...there are many happy owners here and they are also highly respected within the industry.... as are Hotsprings.D-1...Sundance ...Beachcomber and others. Wet test to see what fits you best...Marquis also makes a spa call the Mirage that might be a little less as well as the Quest which would be just a bit more.... Hopefully you will find a dealer that takes the time to find that spa the best suits your family’s needs...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 12:58:22 am »
I have been to multiple dealers.  The problem is that I can only find one dealer for each type of hot tub.  There seems to be shortage of Hot Tub stores in the Annapolis, MD area.  
Deb

I hope this does not rub anyone the wrong way...but the reason there seems to be only one dealer of a particular brand...is that spa sales are not such that they can support multiple dealers in the same area...just as a example...a car dealer that does a good business may move around 300 hundred units a month…. and that’s with other dealers of the same brand near by…. but a busy spa dealer might do 30 a month.... and that is in the busier times....of course there are dealers that do more and some less of both products

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 07:04:45 am »
There is no pat answer to you question on negotiating the prices on hot tubs.  It all depends on the way the dealer prices the spas.  Some may offer their best price right up front, and others may not.  
There is certainly nothing wrong with trying to negotiate.  Just be somewhat reasonable in your expectations.  
Brewman

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 07:04:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42