What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 10k for Clear Water St Andrew to much?  (Read 4366 times)

vinnychase

10k for Clear Water St Andrew to much?
« on: March 28, 2012, 08:03:37 pm »
I was quoted 10,000 even for clear water st Andrew with the salt system & bistro table (no extra features like the sound system.) Did not asked about shipping. This was over the phone. I am about to take the 400 mile drive to check it out but was wondering if this is an average price. Hate to burn all that gas and hotel is this is way over priced. For some reason i was thinking these are going for 7k

Hot Tub Forum

10k for Clear Water St Andrew to much?
« on: March 28, 2012, 08:03:37 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 10k for Clear Water St Andrew to much?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:02:06 am »
I was quoted 10,000 even for clear water st Andrew with the salt system & bistro table (no extra features like the sound system.) Did not asked about shipping. This was over the phone. I am about to take the 400 mile drive to check it out but was wondering if this is an average price. Hate to burn all that gas and hotel is this is way over priced. For some reason i was thinking these are going for 7k

I don't really know Clearwater well enough to respond about how good they are or if 10K is high but regarding that drive, really, 400 miles? Why so far, are you out on the Tundra? I wouldn't recommend buying from someone more than 50 or so miles away unless you're very rural or there are extenuating circumstances.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:03:42 am »
I honestly don't know much about the brand itself, but I do know most companies will not quote best price over the phone, they wanna see the whites of your eyes in person so they know your at least semi-serious about buying

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:22:27 am »
I suspect he might be in Term's territory. His IP looks like Lafayette, LA.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 04:55:32 pm »
Clearwater is an expensive brand.  I sold them for one year in 2008.  Back then, I sold a few St. Andrews for between $7500-$8500 however there was no bistro table or salt option.  I would say that price is within reason for what it could sell for but like others have said once you get in the store and negotiate that price will likely come down a bit though I would not expect it to be below $8500-$9000.

NikiR

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 10:06:05 pm »
we got a 2010 clearwater st andrew last year (2011) with the salt system but no bistro table for 9200 in Canada. that was set up and delivery too

vinnychase

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 08:49:59 pm »
Yeah I live in Lafayette La. Closest dealer I can find is in Austin, TX about 400 miles or so. (found no dealers in baton rouge or Shreveport) All I can find in lafayette is hot springs. I really like the clear water models. I tried asking the local dealers if they can order that brand and was told no. I am trying to put off taking the trip for a few weeks as I know once i make the trip, I will be coming back with one or at least have one on order. (bringing my trailer just in case). I will modify my deck to support the new tub and try to figure out what to do with my old hot springs hotspot.

NikiR

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 03:53:07 pm »
we love ours we've had a few problems but nothing the dealer wasn't willing to fix but it did take quite awhile to find the problem.  it was a faulty mother board.  the tech that did our work was awesome

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 03:53:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42