What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Using Clearray with an ozonator?  (Read 17374 times)

hottubted

Re: Using Clearray with an ozonator?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »
ClearRay is more than a sales tool...The real question we should be asking customers is how much are you willing to pay to get closer to "Zero". U.V. is the road there....salt isn't ( in my opinion).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 04:39:17 pm »
ClearRay is more than a sales tool...The real question we should be asking customers is how much are you willing to pay to get closer to "Zero". U.V. is the road there....salt isn't ( in my opinion).

well someone is fresh out of sales training I see  ;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 09:37:09 pm »

well someone is fresh out of sales training I see  ;D

For sure. If they work, a salt system and the Clear Ray/UV system are both an effective way to maintain a hot tub AND a sales tool.

If they don't work, they're just a sales tool.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 10:59:34 am »
For sure. If they work, a salt system and the Clear Ray/UV system are both an effective way to maintain a hot tub AND a sales tool.

Interesting thought. So, you're saying that a non-functional system, added on at extra cost is a "sales tool?"

I have found that honesty is always the best policy in any sales presentation. "If they don't work," then I say so, and discourage the use of them. I don't want to just put one spa in the backyard of my customer, I would like to be there when they move to a new home, upgrade to a newer tub, need a cover, and when they walk their friend or co-worker into my store to buy THEIR new tub. So selling somebody anything which doesn't work is counter-productive at best, and dishonest at worst.

If I have a system which works well, I will offer it, and answer questions about it as honestly as possible, up to and including saying something like this, "you can buy several lifetime's worth of Dichlor for the price of this system. But it's not about the nickles and dimes you save, it's about the luxury of silky, soft water. Is it going to be worth the extra money? Only you can decide."

Or, in the case of an ozone system (standard on our Highlife™ Collection), I say,"you can soak chlorine free. You still use some chlorine to shock once a month, or as an added safety measure when you entertain a crowd, but for day-to-day use, you soak chlorine free."

I have carefully thought those through, and they are true in my experience and in the experience of my customers.

I have only sold a handful of ACE systems, and they went to people who had owned tubs before but wanted a more advanced system of chem care with buttons to push instead of bottles to handle. They have all had good results - one cell went bad on us, (hopelessly clogged up) and Watkins sent me a replacement, free, along with a redesigned filter standpipe to keep it from happening again. The customer and I were both very impressed.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

pooch

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 11:44:24 am »
I have a 2012 Optima coming in a few weeks. It does not have an ozonator as the sales lady said I won't need it. My issue is my Daughter's skin, she is very sensitive to chemicals so the less I need to use the better.

If I order the ozone unit online can I install it myself? Seems like it's pretty easy to do I just don't want to void my warranty by doing it myself.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 06:37:47 pm »

Interesting thought. So, you're saying that a non-functional system, added on at extra cost is a "sales tool?"

In that case its a short sighted sales tool because if it doesn't deliver as promised it won't last and customers won't be happy. I think sometimes people think of the word "sales tool" negatively but the devil is in the details. All that needs to be asked in teh end is "while it may help sell a product, does it also give value to the cutomer by performing as advertised?".

BTW, I wasn't commenting on either of the products mentioned previously. There are things in the industry I have seen as a "sales tool" without really giving much value to the customer. Everyone knows many spa owners have been wanting a mostly closed loop sanitizing system like a salt system for many years. The Ace certainly is a sales tool for Hot Springs dealers and the fact you and other Hot Springs dealers have sold them and used them in showrooms with good results means it can be a sales tool for you while also giving value to the customer by doing what its advertised to do. If customers want it, are willing to pay extra for it (and thats up to them individually) and it performs then everyone goes home satisfied.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 06:37:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42