What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Foam question  (Read 3677 times)

agh1890

Foam question
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:46:57 am »
There seems to be a lot of products out there designed to fight foaming in a tub.  I believe the liquid products just reduce the water surface tension to make it more difficult for foam to form.  I even saw somewhere that you can add a little bit of WD-40 to reduce foam. I am not really sure I want to soak in WD-40 although it might help lubricate my joints.

The zorbies and Scumballs type products work by absorbing and trapping the stuff that causes foam.  These seems to be somewhat useful. 

My question is since the foam is caused by foam causing particles sticking together and making bubbles if I scoop up the foam and remove it from the tub would I not also be removing the cause of the foam.  Will scooping out foam reduce the amount of foam I am getting.  Basically I am thinking if I just turn on the jets full blast with the air intakes open and let the foam build up, then scoop out all the foam that this will actually reduce the amount of foam that the tub creates since I will be removing the crap that causes the foam.  Am I correct in the assumption or is my view way to simplistic?

Hot Tub Forum

Foam question
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:46:57 am »

clover

Re: Foam question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:11:51 am »
The products out there are designed to take your money and break the foam down. 

Many here will suggest if you want to get rid of the foam, STOP introducing it.  What you "wear" into the tub has residual soap still in the fabric.  IF you are unable to wear your birthday suit, then wear the same thing all the time without washing it with soap.  Once the soap is rinsed out after using the hot tub they should be OK.

IF you have alot of foam, turn the air blower on and get the shop vac out and connect the blower to blow it off the surface and out of the tub, or get more "defoamer".
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:27:20 am »
You're correct....however, you'll never get all of it out.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:50:32 pm »
You're correct....however, you'll never get all of it out.

I agree. Its like walking halfway to a door, then repeating over and over. You'll get closer each time but you'll never get there.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:50:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42