What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HotSpring Aria stronger than Envoy?  (Read 6244 times)

rurimaja

HotSpring Aria stronger than Envoy?
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:16:33 pm »
I wet test a HotSpring Envoy yesterday, and while I was very impressed with its build quality and features, the strength of its jets was a little less robust than I had hoped.  I like a very strong massage.  It's been written here that the Aria has stronger jets; essentially same pumps as Envoy but in a smaller tub. So I'm inclined to give up a bit of room for the stronger jets.

Wondering if anyone has compared the two and can confirm that the Aria will indeed be a noticeable difference in jets.

Thanks very much in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

HotSpring Aria stronger than Envoy?
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:16:33 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: HotSpring Aria stronger than Envoy?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:40:45 pm »
Both spas provide good hydrotherapy but the Aria has a 2.5 and a 2.0 HP pump for 35 jets whereas the Envoy has two 2.0 hp pumps for 39 jets so even though the Envoy is plenty powerful for most the Aria jets will be more powerful for those looking for very strong jets. The size of the two spas is really pretty close.

IMO the other discernible difference besides jet power between the two is the way the lounge faces. Obviously one isn't better than the other and it may not matter to most people but to some it might.  I know at my house the way I situate my spa, one lounge would overlook the backyard whereas the other would face a wall so it all depends on your layout which is why we build one spa one way and the other off by 90º to cover both ways. Think about that as well.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 01:14:41 pm »
At this point in a conversation on my showroom floor, I usually ask if the shopper has owned a tub before. Most folks don't end up wanting the jets to be able to peel paint - in the long run a good solid massage with lots of adjustability seems to be the hot ticket. Yes, I know there are people out there who have owned tubs, and do want to be blasted to bits every time they get in. That's fine, just be sure you are one of those before you rule out what might be a wonderful tub if you don't leave the wet test with bruises.

Also - be aware that the 2012 models from HotSpring have the ability to shut down some jets which amps up the remaining ones. That should give you the proper pounding you may want.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

rurimaja

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 10:24:43 pm »
Thank you both - that is great to know.  I'm a "peel the paint" kind of guy.  I currently have a Sundance Altamar on it's last gasps.  I thought it was good, but not great.  Knowing that the 2012 Aria will provide more control over jet strength is just what I wanted to hear.  I think that's the way I'm gonna go.

spudboss

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:12 pm »
Last summer I had to choose between a new 2012 Aria and a used 2007 Envoy.  I had the same concerns as you and wanted the strongest jets for my back issues.  I ended up going with the used Envoy which saved me approx 50%.  While I wouldn't mind if the jets were slightly stronger, I haven't regretted my decision.  I find that after 10-15 minutes, the moto-message has satisfied my back.  To my surprise, I actually spend the majority of my time in the non-moto-message seats.  The only thing that bugs me a bit about the Envoy is the diverter valves.  I'd like to sit accross from the foot jets and also have the back jets on - unfortunately it's one or the other at a time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 07:05:05 am »
That's fine, just be sure you are one of those before you rule out what might be a wonderful tub if you don't leave the wet test with bruises.

Also - be aware that the 2012 models from HotSpring have the ability to shut down some jets which amps up the remaining ones. That should give you the proper pounding you may want.

HTH

8)

Good to know, that one feature of my Dynasty that I do like.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 07:05:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42