What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sigh- The Traveling Spa Circus is back...  (Read 5768 times)

Water Boy

Sigh- The Traveling Spa Circus is back...
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:25:01 am »
The sleeze known as the Master Spa circus is back again after just being here just two years ago. >:( I cant stand it when their trash comes to town. Flooding the tv and radio with their false advertising commercials of all major manufactures are there, spas 80% off. Do people really believe that crap? They obviously do since they are back again! Oh well, last time they were here we sold a handful of spas, so maybe we will again. I hate how our local publicly funded building lets some out of town trash and scum of the earth dupe people into POS spas that will get no service after the sale. Oh well, venting over! 8)

PS. Whats funny is the actual circus is in the building right next to Spa circus. Maybe now to save costs, the just pack all the spas right in with the elephants and tigers and travel together!  ;D
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

Sigh- The Traveling Spa Circus is back...
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:25:01 am »

clover

Re: Sigh- The Traveling Spa Circus is back...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 10:53:22 am »
I would suggest a portable sign on a truck or trailer identifing all of the local dealers that were advertised but EXCLUDED from the show.  "Stop by any local dealer for added insight to out of town sellers."

some times you have to fight fire with fire.  Like a bad penny, they keep shoing up until they are run out of town.  But, they make tons of money on unsuspecting buyers as they pollute our industry and the customers they neglect.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

avsrock78

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 10:57:21 am »
Water Boy,

What city are you from? I think the same outfit just recently came through Colorado (Saw the ads in both Colorado Springs and Denver) within the last 2-3 weeks.

Water Boy

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:12:04 am »
I would suggest a portable sign on a truck or trailer identifing all of the local dealers that were advertised but EXCLUDED from the show.  "Stop by any local dealer for added insight to out of town sellers."

some times you have to fight fire with fire.  Like a bad penny, they keep shoing up until they are run out of town.  But, they make tons of money on unsuspecting buyers as they pollute our industry and the customers they neglect.

Well we are trying to do some of that. Spent quite a lot on advertising for tv to try and combat their scam commercials. Maybe people will get theirs mixed up with ours and come to our store. They are good at what they do though, I will give them that.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

agh1890

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 10:03:02 am »
Is this the event you are referring to  http://www.spaexpo.com/ ?

I bought my SPA a few months ago from one of these.  I probably should have done some more research but so far I have been happy.  I ended up with an Artesian  Island series from a dealer who is somewhat local.  So far they seem to have been very responsive, coming out for a site survey, the deliver and then a follow up visit to explain things later on. 

It seems to me that the Hot Tub/SPA industry is kind of murky. There are lots of Companies selling multiple product lines under different names making it hard to tell what is what. 

Pricing seems to be all over the place.  There seems to be a ton of out clauses in the warranties.  It seems to be really hard to get a good feeling about things.   Really I just want to know I spend X and will get 10years out of my tub with few issues.  I don't want to worry about my warranty not being honored because I let my PH go a little too high one week or that my water was too hard or soft.   I just want to sit in my tub and relax it.

Why are there no simple answers out there. 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:07 am »

I bought my SPA a few months ago from one of these.  I probably should have done some more research but so far I have been happy.  I ended up with an Artesian  Island series from a dealer who is somewhat local.  So far they seem to have been very responsive, coming out for a site survey, the deliver and then a follow up visit to explain things later on. 

It seems to me that the Hot Tub/SPA industry is kind of murky. There are lots of Companies selling multiple product lines under different names making it hard to tell what is what. 

Pricing seems to be all over the place.  There seems to be a ton of out clauses in the warranties.  It seems to be really hard to get a good feeling about things.   Really I just want to know I spend X and will get 10years out of my tub with few issues.  I don't want to worry about my warranty not being honored because I let my PH go a little too high one week or that my water was too hard or soft.   I just want to sit in my tub and relax it.

99% of the time there is no "murkiness" if you buy from a reputable dealer who represents a reputable brand, ie Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, D1, Marquis, Sundance, and a couple others.  I don't know how many times I can explain "you get what you pay for" to folks.  If you buy a 4k spa from the back of semi-truck you get a 4k spa with "murky" after the sale support and often times a "murky" fine print warranty. Why would most of them care? they are gone in a matter of days......buy from a reputable dealer you get a quality product with a quality warranty as well as all the support you need after the sale.  In your case it sounds like your dealer is local and obviously seems to care since he did an on-site inspection and a follow-up orientation which is good, what most are referring to on here are traveling sales shows that basically take your money, drop the spa and wave bye bye
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:15:23 am by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

agh1890

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:22:58 am »

99% of the time there is no "murkiness" if you buy from a reputable dealer who represents a reputable brand, ie Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, D1, Marquis, Sundance, and a couple others.  I don't know how many times I can explain "you get what you pay for" to folks.  If you buy a 4k spa from the back of semi-truck you get a 4k spa with "murky" after the sale support and often times a "murky" fine print warranty. Why would most of them care? they are gone in a matter of days......buy from a reputable dealer you get a quality product with a quality warranty as well as all the support you need after the sale.  In your case it sounds like your dealer is local and obviously seems to care since he did an on-site inspection and a follow-up orientation which is good, what most are referring to on here are traveling sales shows that basically take your money, drop the spa and wave bye bye

Thanks for the response.  I am sure it is frustrating to have to explain this over and over again.  Obviously you do get what you pay and that is understandable.  There does seem to be a distinct lack of transparent pricing available.  Sort of like cars but there are fewer people buying spa so not as much consumer information.   There is not much in terms of unbiased ratings available.  Forums like this are great but for someone with no background I feel it is diffcult to really get a handle on what is really going on.  There seems to be a back of the truck bottom feeder aspect to spa sales more so than some other industries.  I would imagine as a reputable dealer this would drive you insane.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:24:02 pm »

There seems to be a back of the truck bottom feeder aspect to spa sales more so than some other industries.

There is some of that which is what you want to avoid, though its not the norm. This is why we tell people to their prospective visit dealers and get a feel for them. You can find some guys selling out of storage rooms through the Pennysaver but you’ll also found the majority are at a brick and mortar store and many have been around for years. It doesn't take a genius to separate the two but some people think with their wallets only which can be very shortsighted and leads to a later self-assessment of "you get what you pay for".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:11 am »
The Circus is set up in Mississauga, Ontario as well this weekend. WOOHOO!!!   I've never actually checked them out just heard horror stories so I may see what they are all about. :o ::)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 10:37:31 am »
It's been at least 2 years since I went to this event.  If it comes back to Columbus, I'll probably stop in again. Seeing how I'm back in the market again.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 07:37:02 pm »
well they are rollin through town, how wonderful  :-X

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 07:06:25 am »
In my above statement I meant to say I would go to the show just for the entertainment value and to relate the story to all of you.  Taking one for the team so to speak.  I notice the guy changes the website for his current show, but doesn't list any future dates, probably to keep you guys from preparing for him.  :D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 07:06:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42