What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Frog Spa vs. Nature 2  (Read 5112 times)

paulitzlee

Frog Spa vs. Nature 2
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:12:22 am »
My wife complains about the bromine smell.  Previously I used a bromine floater only, with bromine tablets.

My hot tub is old, from the 1980's.  There is no regular circulation pump.  When you turn on the jets, the door flap separating the main compartment from the filter compartment flaps open and water goes into the filter area.  If the jets aren't on, the water doesn't circulate.

I am thinking about using the Frog Spa Floater with bromine to cut down on the bromine, but I also heard about Nature2.  Can Nature2 be used if the water doesn't circulate regularly?   I wanted the Frog Spa since it has the floater option.  I will have to check in Nature2 has a floater option. 

Any recommendations?  I want to cut the bromine smell as much as possible so my wife will join me in the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

Frog Spa vs. Nature 2
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:12:22 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Frog Spa vs. Nature 2
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:12:17 am »
  Both the spa frog cartridge and the nat2 are pretty much the same except nat2 doesn't work with bromine can't remember why?

Anyway ditch the spa frog go with the nat2 and chlorine.   nat2 will work fine with your system just lay it in the filter basket or filter area maybe up the filtration a bit.  Add a scoop/tspn of chlorine per person after use shock once a week and watch the ph/alk and you should be fine.   After things get dialed in and your water is staying good cut back on the chlorine.   Keep your filter clean and enjoy!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 02:25:49 am »
Floaters with bromine tablets are a bad idea in my opinion.

If you want to stay with bromine, in a floater - but want to get away from the smell, try

Brilliance Products.

http://www.brillianceforspas.com/Docs/Brilliance_guide_web.pdf

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 02:15:48 pm »
  Both the spa frog cartridge and the nat2 are pretty much the same except nat2 doesn't work with bromine can't remember why?

the spa frog floater he's talking about is that bromine/mineral combo kit.  it would be better than a straight bomine floater, but i agree dichlor is better.  no matter what you choose flush the pipes out and you will improve the water smell and condition.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 02:15:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42