What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance with Faulty JBL Audio System  (Read 8335 times)

bsmelser@glucoseone.com

Sundance with Faulty JBL Audio System
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »
Hey all,
I purchased a Sundance Optima w/ JBL Intelli-Sound audio system in 2010.  The JBL sound system, when working, sounds great but I have had to have the system replaced 4 times and now its out of warranty. Apparently Sundance is moving away from JBL because of the quality issue.

Has anyone out there had this problem with the JBL system and what recommendations do you have for me.

I assume with the system never performing there may be a looming class action against JBL and or Sundance.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance with Faulty JBL Audio System
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance with Faulty JBL Audio System
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:39:41 pm »
 Jacuzzi uses the same system and we have yet to replace one.  As far as warranty goes talk to your dealer.  Replacing 4 in a 2 year span is not the norm and the dealer should actually cover it.  At least I would if it were my customer.   

Goodluck!   

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 05:40:03 pm »
I am not aware of any major malfunctions like the ones you've had.  4 times since 2010, that's pretty insane.  Did they replace the whole system, or just speakers?  I am also not aware of Jacuzzi/Sundance moving away from JBL, I have a J-425 in my showroom with the system and it works perfectly.  What has your dealer said, maybe you could talk to the Sundance RSM?  I'd have customer service look into it.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:48:59 pm »
if it has been replaced and documented 4 times under warranty then I would assume they will take care of you on this matter...Stereo options can be nice, but they can just as easily leave a sour taste in a customers mouth due to the short warranty (in your case 90 days on the remote, and 1 yr. on rest of the system) but lets face it, once you mix water, chemicals, freezing temps and children with electronics it usually never turns out well  8)

bsmelser@glucoseone.com

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 06:11:29 pm »
Each service call the entire unit was replaced but speakers are original. Each instance had a different problem, 1) IPOD dock malfunction, 2,3) Will Not Play and 4) Will not power on.

The service tech mentioned that he has replaced many in the field todate.

Not a big fan of JBL right now and I have let Sundance Corp know.

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:42:36 pm »
I may be wrong, but I thought the 2010 JBL's had a 2 year warranty.  They dropped them down to a 1 year last year.  Again, I could be completely wrong here.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:56:26 pm »
even if it is out of warranty a well though out call to customer service may get it fixed for you.  a company like sundance plans to make much more revenue from you in the future through referrals and your future purchases.  they won't want to break that chain if they can avoid it.  an e-mail might work as well.

AsianCowboy

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:03:09 pm »
I have heard that you can modify the tub and can install the new 2012 head unit in place of the old. I cannot remember off hand what all is neccessary to do so, but at the very least a new panel, the stereo, and obviously some wiring will be involved. Maybe something to look into or call your dealer about.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:03:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42