What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any recommendations on a 2 person, no frills hot tub?  (Read 17255 times)

Seacation

Any recommendations on a 2 person, no frills hot tub?
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:40:36 pm »
I am looking for a basic 2 person hot tub.  I dont necessarily need jets or waterfalls, stereo, or other frills, really just a tub of hot water to sit in and look at the stars.  All its got to have is circulation, heat, and filtration, ozonation optional.  I am looking for dependability and easy servicing...like good availability and price on parts.   I have had the big monster 8 person machines, but now empty nester, looking to downsize.   Does such a thing exist?   Seems like it would be in demand with us aging boomers coming along.   My online search turns up QCA and Lifesmart online, but dont know a lot about these brands.  Can anyone give feedback on them?   Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Any recommendations on a 2 person, no frills hot tub?
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:40:36 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Any recommendations on a 2 person, no frills hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 07:17:31 pm »
If you truly mean a no frills 2 person tub then look at something like Freeflow or Dreammaker.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Seacation

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:02:08 pm »
Thanks for the reply. 
So do you or does anyone else have anything to say, pos or neg, about those four brands QCA, Lifesmart, Freeflow, or Dreamaker?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 01:46:46 pm »
I was picking up chemicals at my dealer last week and noticed that he brought in a new line of tubs. They have small economical tubs that I would absolutely consider for myself if I didn't already have one. I can only say that he has confidence in the brand and I trust him so I will give you a recommendation for Nordic Tubs..here is the website http://www.nordichottubs.com/ 
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Water Boy

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 10:36:47 am »
You might also check out the Arctic and Coyote Spas. I would look at the Arctic Husky, the Coyote Mesa, or the Coyote Vegas. All smaller tubs with not a lot of frills.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

dodgyswa

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 10:07:21 pm »
I'd also give a look at the Marquis Spirit or Rendezvous... or for slightly bigger, the Marquis Mirage (proud owner of one and loving it).... good luck with your search!

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 09:44:32 am »
Artesian makes a nice entry level line in their Garden Spas. I just hooked my parents up with a two seater, full foam, ozone, comes with 21 jets... Was $3700Cad tax in. It's the AZALEA. Available as a 110V or 220V tub. No I am not an Artesian Dealer just a big fan. 

www.thegardenspas.com

Cheers.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:36:31 am »
It has just been announced that Watkins MFG (HotSpring Portable Spas, Hot Spot Hot Tubs, Limelight Tubs and Calera) has purchased "Freeflow." Freeflow has made rotary molded tubs, most with very simple layouts and few frills, for years. You might want to take a look at them - they may be showing up at a Watkins dealer near you soon.

Also at a Watkins dealer near you, check out Hot Spot Hot Tubs - they are very basic. They go from Small to Large, and the two round ones are very basic, and not very expensive. Might be just what you are looking for.

HTH
 8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 12:27:45 am »
You can look at the Dreamaker , but do not use a true heating system , it is simple but does take a longer time to heat in colder weather, you can look at the Freeflow, south Pacific. you might think about looking at a higher end brand like D1 Serenade, Journey, , other very good brands hot springs, marquis, Sundance , Jacuzzi, to name a few.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Flyonthewall

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 06:34:07 pm »
based on your needs the hot spot TX seems a perfect fit.  compared to their big brother, the hot spring spa, they are a much more simple design.  in my experience this results in a miniscule amount of service calls compared to other spas.  you get the backing of a hot spring dealer, and the peace of mind that comes with buying from an industry leader.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 11:47:51 pm »
Flyonthewall,
Just curious on the Hot Spot, you say it has less service calls than others in your experience, what
Other brands have you sold. I think you will find a lot of salesmen that the brand they sell has less service than brand x. Even though they have not sold any other brand . I have spas they have serviced more than others , but I can't buy your statement. I have friends in this industry that sell Hot Springs like Term. Who is also on this forum. You have in the industry great dealers with beans such as D1, Sundance, Jacuuzi, even Cal Spas . It does help to have great brand, but you can also have a crappy brand but an A plus dealer, just my opinion.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 12:55:18 pm »
i wasn't comparing its reliability to other brands, just other spas in the watkins family.  it is just my opinion, but i have seen all warranty claims we've processed in the past 8 years.  i also have fielded hundreds of calls over the years from people who bought from fairs and small dealers, now frustrated because they can't get parts or service for their spa.  there is a tangible benefit from buying a spa backed by a huge manufacturer. 

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 08:42:37 pm »
Flyonthewall,
No problem, just questioned the statement.... I also sell a big manufacturerD1 also Clearwater, which is right there with Hot Springs, but you have other respectable brands that are big like Jacuzzi, Sundance, Master, Cal Spas, Marquis. But you can be big but terrible on the service side,,I can also tell you that I do not have a lot of service called on them, but I have heard stories like that from fair sales, but there are crappy spas that have great dealers, but you are always going to have the crappy service even from spa dealers that sell great brands, but it can be a lot of variables wether they a had a bad service experience , or they had a problem that was escalated by communication or lack of communication....

d00nut

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 12:17:38 am »
Surprised you didn't mention the SX or TX Chas!  Those spas absolutely rock, especially the TX!

http://www.hotspothottubs.com/tx or http://www.hotspothottubs.com/sx

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 12:17:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42