What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My hot tub quote  (Read 20313 times)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: My hot tub quote
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:01 pm »
back on track and to OP, just do your due diligence and shop around and negotiate to the best of your ability.  Wet tests are something I always recommend as well, especially when comparing models.  If you spend 8,000 vs 9,000 but are not 100% comfortable in the $8,000 spa then in the end you are no better off even though you saved $1,000.  Of course for us "average folks" price is a huge factor but you also need to buy based on comfort, warranty, efficiency, and overall "quality" of the dealer who will be your go to guy in case of an issue down the road. good luck and let us know if you have any other questions

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:01 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 07:16:15 pm »
I'll stand by my statement in that its a good price for the tub + saltwater system + everything else that is included.  Pricing varies throughout the country, its a fact and their isn't much any of us can do about it besides complain. Its not like your buying an LCD TV where you can shop 15 different locations with a few clicks of the mouse.  Also as a consumer it is absolutely your right to negotiate for the best price available, heck for me personally I think the last car salesman I dealt with wanted to personally strangle me because I milked every cent I could.

and to Water Boy all I have to say is C'mon man, I don't know your background or experience in this industry but you know as well as I that your statement above is ridiculous...why don't you post your current prices for your Artic line and we'll make a few calls and I guarantee I can find someone "who's a little cheaper" as well within your state.  I assume you've been selling long enough to know that certain dealers have different margins...some companies have the ability to sell a little cheaper because spas may be a slight "back burner" item...the majority of their income might come from pool installation, fireplaces, pool tables and game room furniture, etc etc. so in theory that statement could be made about almost every single spa dealer in the country including your own...

Okay, the OP asked what people thought about his quote, and I voiced my opinion on that which is exactly what he wanted in his post. And I will stand by my post that he is being overcharged for that spa imo. What is "ridiculous" about that?  But just because my signature says the brand of spas that I sell, it wipes out my opinion as negative and wrong. I feel that I did exactly what the OP asked, and told him what I thought of his quote. Maybe he is getting a great deal, but maybe he isnt. All I was trying to do was help him get a better deal, nothing less nothing more. But just because I have seen different quotes than you quote or what you have, my opinion is "ridiculous". I say C'mon man right back at ya Twin!!

I wasn't going to weigh in on these latest posts but what the heck. I actually didn't see anything wrong with your previous posts as I'm sure you know what that spa sells for in your area since they're a competitor of yours and you didn't come right out and say something like "no, try another brand" or anything so that was all fine IMO.

But in this last post, IMO you really shouldn't say "he is being overcharged for that spa imo" because you don't know how good that pricing is for his area. You know what it sells for in your area in Kansas (?)but unless you know what it sells for typically in his area its a bit much to state he's being "overcharged", especially when another dealer who sells it says the price is in line (or something to that effect).

220, 221, whatever it takes!

d00nut

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 07:23:29 pm »
Take the ACE system out, and your in the mid-high 7's.  Which, for a Flair is a great price.  ACE is expensive, which may be throwing some of you off who think he is getting overcharged.  The rest of the spa is loaded, with the uprite cover lifter, cd ozone, steps, delivery, etc.  The Flair's warranty is also almost exactly in line with the Hot Spring line.  IMO, that is an incredibly fair, perhaps even great price, depending on the level of service accompanied by the dealer.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 07:28:57 pm »
I tend to think the quote is a bit high myself. But I've looked at the Jacuzzi Hot Tubs, the dealer emailed me. Their shop looks like it's going to fall apart and I'm not impressed by the presentation at all. I looked at the product too, Jacuzzi and I'm not impressed. The website is terrible. I am impressed by the Hot Springs product. Also, the woman I'm dealing with, Denise stated that the Hot Springs do have a CD ozone.

I like the woman, she knows her stuff and her presentation is good. The other place I'm looking at is seasonal specialty stores. I've been in there. Seems like the Home Depot of outdoor stuff. I'd rather a small place like I'm dealing with. I can call up, instantly speak to someone that knows what their talking about. She came out to my house and advised on location as well, which I thought was cool.

But I mean if I'm getting charged an extra 2k or something I'd definitely look elsewhere.

Quite frankly I'm not sure how you or any typical shopper would know if you're being quoted high, just right or getting a great bargain. I know I wouldn't necessarily know without having specific info or spending time on sites like this. Hopefully you'll get others to reply to this thread with info but there is also another spa site "poolspaforum.com" where you might also post this same question and maybe find owners who've bought this brand or other dealers with information for what they sell it for or what others sell it for in their area.

Also, if you think the price is still too high (or even if you think its fine) COUNTER OFFER if this is what you plan to buy. I've spent some time selling spas, in general dealers have 1-the price they'd like to get if they could, 2-the sale price they'll give as the customer shops them and they feel they need to entice them to buy (typically what they give people who are leaving with a quote to think about it) and 3-the price they'll go down further if the customer comes back and pushes for an even better price.

By all means, do as I suggested earlier and bargain for ozone and Ace options separately. Your base price seems fine, its the $514 for the ozone that is too high IMO and the ACE is kind of a separate thing as its a creature comfort that you have to decide on but on that I'd also separate it and see what they'll sell it for if you look like you're willing to go without it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Flyonthewall

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 08:48:52 pm »
i'll add my 2 cents.  the uprite lifter is a hot spring brand, not a cheap throw in.  it's designed for applications with little clearance behind the tub.  if you have 24" choose the cover cradle II instead.  they should offer it for the same price. 
when ace debuted there was some debate about using cd ozone along with it.  anyone weigh in on hot spring's current stance on their use together.  how do ace experts feel it would perform without an ozone added?
the only thing that really stood out to me there was the crane fee.  thats almost 5 times what our customers would pay to put a spa over a 2 story house.  crane costs in every area are different, but it wouldn't hurt to call around to other crane companies if one is required.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »
I think that is a pretty good price even for what i see. Selling against them.  You have looked at Limelight and  Jacuzzi and have seen two different dealers on the spectrum. But do you have any other upper end brands you can check out the comparables with like D1, Sundance, Marquis, ..and this will give some more different ideas? Also on the lifters doesn't the Hot Springs lifters mount thru the cover, so when you have to replace you need to get the replacement from them,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Flyonthewall

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 09:05:39 pm »
I think that is a pretty good price even for what i see. Selling against them.  You have looked at Limelight and  Jacuzzi and have seen two different dealers on the spectrum. But do you have any other upper end brands you can check out the comparables with like D1, Sundance, Marquis, ..and this will give some more different ideas? Also on the lifters doesn't the Hot Springs lifters mount thru the cover, so when you have to replace you need to get the replacement from them,
good question on the lifter.  i think some major cover companies are offering cradle ready covers.  oem is still better, but i'd want to make sure they don't intend to charge the fake price they listed in the quote. 

Water Boy

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 09:10:27 pm »
You are right I shouldn't have said he was getting overcharged. I misspoke on that. But I did say he may or may not be getting a good deal. My main point all along is that that is more than what they do sell for here in KS. It sounds like the OP is comfortable with the dealer so use the tips said above to get the best deal. Good luck.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

jamesfarrell

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 09:18:27 pm »
Thanks for the info folks. I guess the ACE salt system is 1200 and something that is $700 needs to be replaced every 3 years I think she said. But this negates the need to have endless chemicals I guess, which cost $400 a year. So the price is a tad higher, being you have to replace some part of the ACE every 3 years which costs $700 but don't have to use as many chemicals.

She also said there is a 3 month thing that locks the PH. I got a lot to learn on that. Cough Cough.... my wife has a lot to learn. I told her, I'll dig the holes, the footings, build the deck and buy the tub, your dammit your doing the water. Sounds like a deal eh?

d00nut

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 12:13:36 am »
Thanks for the info folks. I guess the ACE salt system is 1200 and something that is $700 needs to be replaced every 3 years I think she said. But this negates the need to have endless chemicals I guess, which cost $400 a year. So the price is a tad higher, being you have to replace some part of the ACE every 3 years which costs $700 but don't have to use as many chemicals.

She also said there is a 3 month thing that locks the PH. I got a lot to learn on that. Cough Cough.... my wife has a lot to learn. I told her, I'll dig the holes, the footings, build the deck and buy the tub, your dammit your doing the water. Sounds like a deal eh?

You have to clean the cell every 3 months in order for it to be most effective.  The way you clean it is with pH down.  Just to be 100% clear, you still need to check on the pH, Alkalinity, and hardness, at least once every 30 days.  The $700 replacement is the cell itself, which has a definitive life of 3 years. 

With normal care of a dichlor + nature 2, I'd say it would probably be more around $200 per year with average use (3-4 times per week.)  New filters not included as you'd have to get those anyway with the system.

Of course with any questions please let us know here or your dealer!

jamesfarrell

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 09:04:06 am »
What is the cell? Are you referring to the 5 filters that I was told can go in the dishwasher?

Water Boy

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 10:28:06 am »
No he is referring to the Ace salt cell. The filters are separate of the cell. The Ace cell is what produces the Chlorine in the spa. If you really like the Limelight, leaving the Ace off is a great way to save a lot of money right up front. You can buy a lot of Chlorine for $1200 imo.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

d00nut

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 02:37:57 pm »
What is the cell? Are you referring to the 5 filters that I was told can go in the dishwasher?

The Limelight models only have one 65 sqft filter.  Those I do not recommend putting in the dishwasher.  The Hot Spring models Aria and up with have the 5 filters you are thinking about.  The cell is like what Water Boy said.  It is an electrode encased in a plastic housing that interacts with the water to produce the chlorine & oxidizers.

Mr. Scott Iverson from Hot Spring explains it all here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vh4kOjDmPQ

If you want to see the what he says specifically about the cell, he talks about it and shows it on camera at the 48 second mark, as we as the 3:35 minute mark.

jamesfarrell

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 02:27:48 pm »
Well I got the hot tub. The hot springs flair. I was a bit weary about spending this amount of money on a hot tub, but I'm glad I went with the Hot Springs brand. Wife and I are totally happy. We are also very happy with the service provided by Denise @ New England Spas.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 02:45:16 pm »
I tend to think the quote is a bit high myself. But I've looked at the Jacuzzi Hot Tubs, the dealer emailed me. Their shop looks like it's going to fall apart and I'm not impressed by the presentation at all. I looked at the product too, Jacuzzi and I'm not impressed. The website is terrible. I am impressed by the Hot Springs product. Also, the woman I'm dealing with, Denise stated that the Hot Springs do have a CD ozone.

I like the woman, she knows her stuff and her presentation is good. The other place I'm looking at is seasonal specialty stores. I've been in there. Seems like the Home Depot of outdoor stuff. I'd rather a small place like I'm dealing with. I can call up, instantly speak to someone that knows what their talking about. She came out to my house and advised on location as well, which I thought was cool.

But I mean if I'm getting charged an extra 2k or something I'd definitely look elsewhere.

too many windows open, wrong thread...please delete
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 02:47:41 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 02:45:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42