What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Choice Help  (Read 9774 times)

bruceleona

Hot Tub Choice Help
« on: January 29, 2012, 08:56:26 pm »
Help.  We are searching for a hot tub and have narrowed it down to a Marquis 545 for $7,000, a Dimension I Wayfarer for $6,800 and a Hot Spot Relay for $6,200.  I have been told the Marquis and hot spot are entry level tubs and the D-I is significantly better for the money.  We are looking for the most energy efficient, reliable, least amount of maintenance of the three.  We are also thinking of the Marquis Reward, if the price is right.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Choice Help
« on: January 29, 2012, 08:56:26 pm »

dodgyswa

Re: Hot Tub Choice Help
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 12:29:40 am »
Hello,
I purchased a Marquis Mirage this past Aug and I absolutely LOVE it!.... Marquis is a great brand, but yes, the 545 is part of the e-series tubs which are more basic without all the bells and whistles, but I would certainly not call it an entry level tub. I believe (but not sure) that the warranty on any e-series tubs is not as good as the premium models. But I would bet it is one terrific tub. If the price was right, the Marquis Reward would be a step up. From what I've read, D1 is also a great reliable company. But as you'll see on this forum, you need to wet test if possible , and also go with with the dealer that you feel the most comfortable with and has the best reputation!.... Good luck with your search!

All the best

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 07:00:07 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Our D1 dealer closed a few years back, I'd be curious as to what you thought of the wayfarer.  Those are 3 decent brands, try them out and see which one you like.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 10:54:29 am »
 I would try and wet test to see which you prefer, what someone "told you" doesn't mean you will prefer that model over another...everything is subjective.  Maintenance should be relatively the same on all 3 and it appears the D1 has 1 more year of component warranty vs the other 2, although if its a deal breaker most dealers will add 1 year of in-house warranty to cover the difference so be aware of that when negotiating. In the end they are 3 solid manufacturers and are around the same price point so only you can decide what works best for you and the family...gl

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 11:39:44 am »
Help.  We are searching for a hot tub and have narrowed it down to a Marquis 545 for $7,000, a Dimension I Wayfarer for $6,800 and a Hot Spot Relay for $6,200.  I have been told the Marquis and hot spot are entry level tubs and the D-I is significantly better for the money.  We are looking for the most energy efficient, reliable, least amount of maintenance of the three.  We are also thinking of the Marquis Reward, if the price is right.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the D1 dealer told you that the D1 was better for the money and the other 2 were entry level tubs. It’s just salesmanship, ignore that part of it. The reality is all 3 are good choices; none stands out as being above or below the others. Just look at what each has to offer, get a feel for each dealership as you need someone who will be there for you after the spa is delivered and look at what you’re getting for your money. All should be similar energy use wise and you'll find happy owners of each so get what’s best for you at the best deal you can make.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 02:08:00 pm »

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the D1 dealer told you that the D1 was better for the money and the other 2 were entry level tubs. It’s just salesmanship, ignore that part of it. The reality is all 3 are good choices; none stands out as being above or below the others. Just look at what each has to offer, get a feel for each dealership as you need someone who will be there for you after the spa is delivered and look at what you’re getting for your money. All should be similar energy use wise and you'll find happy owners of each so get what’s best for you at the best deal you can make.

Well said old wise one!
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 02:20:51 pm »

Well said old wise one!

OMG, the prodigal red headed stepson has returned. Welcome back. What are you up to nowadays? Still in Colorado selling tubs?

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 04:10:12 pm »

Well said old wise one!

OMG, the prodigal red headed stepson has returned. Welcome back. What are you up to nowadays? Still in Colorado selling tubs?
Took some time off to allow the economy to heal, went back to training horses and enjoying life on the ranch, but am back in the swing of things and have filled my calander on the road selling at homeshows, fairs and parking lot sales for now. Good to be back!
-SpaMan~

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 10:13:15 am »
The reality is all 3 are good choices; none stands out as being above or below the others. Just look at what each has to offer, get a feel for each dealership as you need someone who will be there for you after the spa is delivered and look at what you’re getting for your money.

Er..Umm...well said... ???  ;D
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 12:02:43 pm »
All three brands are good reputable brands, and all would serve you well. I would look close at the dealers that sell them. Do your homework there and check to make sure that the dealer is a good  reputable dealer as well. A good dealer is just as, if not more important than the brand of spa that you get. Like others said, wet test as well. I am not too familiar with D1 or Marquis as they are not in my area. I would look at each spas warranty as well. I know that Hot Spot has a two year warranty, and after doing some research on the web, it appears the Marquis 545 is a two year warranty as well. It appears that the D1 you are looking at has a five year warranty after looking on the net, but I would verify all that with the dealers as well. The more info you know up front, the better. If all is equal, and one has the better warranty, I know that would influence my buying decision, but I wouldn't buy one just because of that either. Good luck in your search.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 02:38:42 pm »
If the price was right, the Marquis Reward would be a step up. From what I've read, D1 is also a great reliable company.

I agree with Sauer....and dodgyswa...  :o  :-X 8)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 04:51:18 pm »
If the price was right, the Marquis Reward would be a step up. From what I've read, D1 is also a great reliable company.

I assumed the poster was wanting to keep the price under 7k which is why he/she specified those specific 3 models. Otherwise, sure upgrades such as the Marquis to a Reward, the D1 to an Aurora and the Hot Spot to a Limelight Flair sound good if the budget allows.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 04:51:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42