What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need a new pump  (Read 5128 times)

mkrozell

Need a new pump
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:22:08 pm »
Hello everyone. I am going to need a new pump soon for my QCA spa. I am wondering where the cheapest place to get one from. I am looking for a 3hp 240v with 2"intake/output

Hot Tub Forum

Need a new pump
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:22:08 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Need a new pump
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 01:22:39 pm »
It's interesting how seldom people ask, "where can I get the BEST pump," or "where can I get a pump which will last the longest, and use the lowest amount of energy."

Nope.

Just - "cheapest."

Best of luck.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:29:03 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 02:24:38 pm »
It's interesting how seldom people ask, "where can I get the BEST pump," or "where can I get a pump which will last the longest, and use the lowest amount of energy."

No kidding. I had a gentleman call me yesterday complaining that our spa covers were $20 more than a lot of what he found on the net. He was appalled that we would be charging so much more. Even after thoroughly explaining the technical differences between our covers and some of the others he was considering, and why this gave our covers an average lifespan of 5 to 7 year, compared to the 2 years he was getting out of his previous covers, he was emphatic he would not buy our cover unless we matched the price of the lower quality covers.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

mkrozell

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 06:42:00 pm »
What I ment was whats the cheapest place to get a good pump. Some places mark up way more than others. Sorry for not being "formal" with my question

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 01:05:52 am »
I hear ya Doc I'll get that at the store. Consumers have changed there thinking, it used to be quality over price, but I think from the big box stores changed the way consumers buy. I can get it cheaper no matter were its made and the quality.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 07:15:03 am »
I don't think the OP's message precluded quality.  But I don't know the pump market.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mkrozell

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 08:36:14 pm »
I don't think the OP's message precluded quality.  But I don't know the pump market.

A fellow mustang enthusiast I see.

What are your opinions on Waterway Exclusive pumps?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 08:36:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42