What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help! Hot Spring Envoy Not Heating in cold NJ  (Read 4127 times)

bbel121

Help! Hot Spring Envoy Not Heating in cold NJ
« on: January 15, 2012, 02:03:54 am »
Hi,

I am hoping I can get some help here over the weekend.  Long story short is this.  My Hot Spring Envoy hottub is in NJ where it is freezing cold at night right now.  I am out of town so I am trying to tell my 18 year old daughter what to do as I have not used this hot tub for a few years so I foget how to properly control it.

The hot tub dealer was out earlier this week to start the hot tub up(it was winterized for the past 3 years).  They found a bad recirculating pump so that was replaced.  They then got the tub up and running and said all should be good in 24 hours when it fully heats up.  Unfortunately I forgot to check it before I went out of town.

Well it is 3 days and the tub is not heated up.  Unfortunately I am not there and I don't remember all the lights and colors and the online manual is not showing the symptons of what I am seeing.  Here is what I am being told...

The Power light is a solid red.
The pumps work and so does the interior tub lights.  The clean cycle will work.
She put the tempature up to 100 degrees but it never gets there.
As I understand it, the Blue light in the Hot Spring logo should be on if there is power to the tub.  There obviously is power to the tub, but the Hot Spring logo never lights up blue.
Obviously the Green light of the Hot Spring logo is not on as it is not heating.
There are no flashing lights.  So I think that is good.

I have tried having the power turned off to the unit for 45 mintues.  Then turning the 30 amp breaker back on and then the 20 amp and having her check the pumps and all work.  That is all fine.  The interior lights still work.  No improvement.  I tried removing the filters and doing the same thing to make sure it was not a filter problem.  No improvement.

Next I asked her to see if the pump at the bottom(I am guessing recirculation pump) is shooting out little bubbles.   She does not think so.  I am pretty sure that is what was just replaced so I would think it is good.

Any ideas as I am scared everything will freeze up and break the tub before I get home in 4 days.

Any ideas or things I can have a non-mechanical 18 year old girl check would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Bob

Hot Tub Forum

Help! Hot Spring Envoy Not Heating in cold NJ
« on: January 15, 2012, 02:03:54 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Help! Hot Spring Envoy Not Heating in cold NJ
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:41:19 am »
With the lid closed tightly, run all the jet pumps for several hours. They may shut off after a couple of hours, but turn them back on. May take 6 hours, but that should get the tub at least warm.  Without a working circ pump, the motor compartment may get cold - place a work light in the motor compartment to avoid this. Be sure it does not come in contact with anything - set it, hang it or clip it so it warms the compartment but doesn't touch anything.

I'm no expert on freezing, some of our cold-weather techs may come along here later - but I would imagine that a simple light bulb would work best, if you use one of the Quartz-Halogen work lights you may need to keep it below 250 watts: I imagine a 500 watt model might melt a few things...

HTH

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

bbel121

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:36:04 pm »
Thanks Chaz,  I will follow that and hopefully someone can shed some light on why the power light constantly stays red even though the light and pumps work. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 02:36:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42