What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LIFTING ONE SIDE OF HOT TUB 1/4"  (Read 3425 times)

azloafer

LIFTING ONE SIDE OF HOT TUB 1/4"
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:28:15 pm »
I want to install two things to our hot tub that have stands that slide under the tub for support rather than drilling holes in the side panels.  One is the Covermate 2 cover lifter with the under style mount.  The other is a handrail to assist getting in/out of the tub.  This requires draining and then lifting one side of the tub slightly, just enough to get the 1/8" bases under the tub.  The bottom of our tub is enclosed with some plastic or metal type material, but I don't want to damage it.  I think that I can get most of the water out leaving maybe a half inch.  I am guessing, considering the tubs dry weight, with some water left it will way around 500#. 
My question:  How do I lift one side?

Hot Tub Forum

LIFTING ONE SIDE OF HOT TUB 1/4"
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:28:15 pm »

clover

Re: LIFTING ONE SIDE OF HOT TUB 1/4"
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:09:57 pm »
Leverage, use a pry bar or a 2x4 with a block.  Put the end of the 2x4 uder the cabinet edge and with the block under the 2x4 pry up to lift.  Insert a a spacer or screwdriver to allow time to slid the cover lifter base in and then reverse your process.  YES, you have to drain the spa.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: LIFTING ONE SIDE OF HOT TUB 1/4"
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:09:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42