What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just bought a spa hope I did ok  (Read 4943 times)

agh1890

Just bought a spa hope I did ok
« on: November 28, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »
I recently bought a 6 person hot tub.  It is a tropical reflections Rio which is really just a Artesian Antigua with a bunch of preselected options.  I get the LED lights, full foam, ozone,  circulation pump, neck jets, pillow fall and a cover. 

The spa has 51 jets and 2 pumps 1 a one speed 4.8hp and the other a 2 speed 4.8hp.

We bought at a spa expo and probably should have done a little bit more homework before buying but I think we would have ended up in the same place.  The deal we ended up with is one of the largest in our area has an A rating from the BBB.  They also came out and did a site survey for us and were able to answer all my lame questions so I have a decent comfort feeling with the dealer.

It is somewhat overwhelming to spend a bunch of money to sit in hot water.  I am also realizing I have a hard time trusting people when I spend money.  I bet if I took the number of hours I spent researching post purchase and divided it by the spa price we would be somewhere in the $10/range

Anyway I was curious to know if anyone had experience with the Atresian Antigua. Is there anything I need to be on the lookout for.  It is really hard to buy something then have to wait a couple months to actually get it.  Are there things I should be researching while I wait for my new SPA to be installed.  (My wife is already sick of hearing about concerete pads)

Hot Tub Forum

Just bought a spa hope I did ok
« on: November 28, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »

Waterbug

Re: Just bought a spa hope I did ok
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:07:21 pm »
I don't know anything about the tub that you bought, but in general you NEVER get a good deal on anything that you have to wait months to get.  That goes for cars, boats, tubs, televisions, computers and just about anything that you buy. 

sorebikr

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 10:27:38 am »
That's a little presumptive Waterbug.  I bought my spa in July and it wasn't installed until October.  Had nothing to do with getting a deal or not.  There was just a fair amount of prep work involved, and its a part-time house which led to some scheduling conflicts.  No need to scare the new guy.

(I'm sure you were referencing the fact that anything "specal order" is inherently going to be less of a deal than buying overstock or floor models etc.  Just sayin' you could say hi to the new guy before telling him he might've gotten screwed.)  :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 11:40:15 am »
I don't know anything about the tub that you bought, but in general you NEVER get a good deal on anything that you have to wait months to get.  That goes for cars, boats, tubs, televisions, computers and just about anything that you buy.  

I agree with the general premise that I think was intended but I'd amend that statement a bit. I think you can get a "good" deal on something you have to special order but you tend to get the "better/best" deals on items already in stock because dealers ALWAYS prefer to sell existing inventory that they've already paid for (or are paying interest on because they're on consignment of some sort) and are always willing to give a little more to move that existing inventory than they are to order new. Sometimes the difference is minimal and sometimes its noticeable.

Having said that, Artesian is a pretty decent brand. I have no idea if that price is ok/good/great... but as long as it came from a local dealer (and not some traveling show that will leave town at the end of the week) who you have faith will service you well over time then sit back, relax and enjoy.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:41:59 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 11:40:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42