What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Grand Bahama input?  (Read 17100 times)

starsky

Re: Artesian Grand Bahama input?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 10:23:29 pm »
I ordered my Grand Bahama today. I added the LED lighted cascade waterfall over the filter intake for another 100 bucks. So for everything excluding tax..8,199.00 out the door. The upgrades are...

52 jets, stainless steel
Pillow Water Fall
Dynabrite LED lighting
Waterfall Cascade
24 hr circulation pump
Ozonator

Then of course it comes with cover, lifter, steps, chems, delivery.

It should coincide with my pool getting finished..  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 10:23:29 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 12:56:12 pm »
 We use to sell Artesian and they are a lot better than they use to be, some can be like a Bayliner boat, say 1 out of 10.  Once they get the kinks out, its a great runner.  Don't loose heart if you have an issue with it right off the bat, as long as the dealer is reputable you will be fine.

The island series is a nice line, the only thing I didn't like is the 3 year warranty for the price.   May have changed now??

Enjoy your spa, some pics are always nice!!

starsky

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 02:45:57 pm »
Thanks.. I will post some picks when its set up by the pool. I wish it had 5 instead of 3 yr warranty but... all things considered, I think it was my best value. Jacuzzi dealer for some reason, was trying to sell way above what I saw others getting their tubs at. I understand there might be some regional disparity, but he was a little too high to make jacuzzi a possibility for me. Dimension 1 dealer offered a good price for the Aurora he had, but wouldn't fill it up to wet test. Hot Springs dealer was telling me the Flair was partial foam..I was only interested in full foam. Unfortunatley after I made a deal with the Artesian dealer, the Hot Springs guy called me and said they are starting to make the flair full foam now. But he was at 8 grand and comparing apples to apples, I thought the Grand Bahama was a better deal. So all in all Jim, I feel I put the time and effort in, compared the tubs I liked as best I could, wet testing all that were available and fit the criteria, and came out with the top value. A guy can't ask for more than that....  

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 03:40:03 pm »
  You will be very happy with it!!  ;)

crystal777

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 07:43:49 am »
Starsky,

Did you think about buying an extended warranty for the Artesian? My husband asked that question last night and I think the salesman told him it would be $300 extra for two years. Not sure if we will do that but he said they would need to know before it came in.

crystal

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 10:01:33 am »
Starsky,

Did you think about buying an extended warranty for the Artesian? My husband asked that question last night and I think the salesman told him it would be $300 extra for two years. Not sure if we will do that but he said they would need to know before it came in.

crystal

When I bought mine in 2005, they offered it then as well. I questioned my dealer about it - my dealer was great -not pushing anything. She said (this was back in 2005) - 'they use all the same components that are in the higher end lines except for the electronics, all quality stuff - don't waste your money on it'. My warranty expired last month and other than a few minor problems nothing has happened to my tub. Was it a smart move not to extend the warranty - I guess I'll find out. Most extended warranties are there to make money not to protect the consumer although the consumer feels secure.

starsky

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 07:11:30 pm »
As a rule I never buy an extended warranty. It comes with a 3 yr warranty, which should identify any serious defects from the manufacturer by then. Anything after that, I'll use that 300 bucks I saved towards the repair.  

starsky

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 07:27:46 pm »
Update; fast forward 3 yrs... Still loving the Grand Bahama. Had one issue with the circuit board under warranty which was repaired at no cost. Still running strong and looks new. Still using it a few times a week and with the winter JUST hitting us here in Texas, ready for another season.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 07:27:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42