What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: need advice fast to winterize for only a coupe of weeks.  (Read 2951 times)

Stat

need advice fast to winterize for only a coupe of weeks.
« on: November 11, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »
Hi all, I just bought a 2yr old Viking Supreme spa from a relative and was hoping for a quick response. They just drained the tub today and and brought it to my house. Tonight is going to get close to freezing and I was hoping someone could tell me the best way to winterize it until I can get it hooked up and running. I tried to blow out all the water and used my shop vac to suck out water from every jet but Im still concerned that there might be water in some of the pipes. I also unscrewed the caps off the pump but no water came out there. Is there some type of antifreeze that I can put in the pipes to avoid any water freezing like pool antifreeze? I also unscrewed the plug on the pump and let the water drain out from there.

Thank you for any help.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:29:15 pm by Stat »

Hot Tub Forum

need advice fast to winterize for only a coupe of weeks.
« on: November 11, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »

Waterbug

Re: need advice fast to winterize for only a coupe of weeks.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 12:01:39 am »
You should be OK..  If the tub has a floor drain, I would buy a gallon of RV antifreeze and dump a couple of cupr of it into the floor drain.  If it doesn't have a floor drain, the pump is probably the low point.  When you fill the tub, a cup or two of RV antifreeze probably won't make a difference in the water chemestry.

hotter25

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 02:17:41 pm »
Thanks for the post! I have been in a similar situation over the past few days, and I couldn't get any info from the a professional because they have been so busy.  It has gotten colder a little early in our area. I have been looking for a pool supplies store that could provide chemicals that could prevent freezing.  I had never thought about RV antifreeze!  
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:19:34 am by hotter25 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 02:17:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42