What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice From Optima Owners  (Read 1832 times)

SpaNewcomer

Advice From Optima Owners
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:59:52 am »
Anyone out there have a more recent model Sundance Optima?  If so, how do you like it?

I’m leaning towards a Jacuzzi J470 but can get a really sweet deal on an Optima right now.  Anyone wet test these two and have a preference?  I did wet test both, the Optima a few months back and the J470 more recently.

My concerns with the Optima is the diverter system.  When wet testing we all fought over who had the jets and we always seems to be taking from each other.  I realize that during a wet test is different than real use, in a wet test it is all about the jets and power, whereas in reality you likely have the jets on only for part of the time.

Having one diverter control three seats seems awkward.  Having another diverter control one seat and the foot dome also seems strange.  If you want to use the captains seat with jets then nobody gets a foot massage.  I realize you can put the diverter in the middle, but then nobody gets decent pressure.

I’m just looking for some feedback from owners and/or testers.  Perhaps once I own the hot tub for a week I won’t even notice any of these things.  On the flip side, perhaps I should cop up the additional funds and go with the J470.

Hot Tub Forum

Advice From Optima Owners
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:59:52 am »

MileHighSpaTech

Re: Advice From Optima Owners
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:48:08 am »
The one diverter that controls other three seats should be controlling whirlpool/3 seats.  Which normally whirlpool would be used when you do not want the jets on.  The only thing I ever disliked about that tub was the 2 best features of that tub jetting wise in my eyes was the foot jets and the accussage seat...and you cant have both on high.  How much difference are you talking about?  Quality wise your pretty much getting the same tub aside from plastic bottom on 470...so then take the cost difference and ask if spread out over 10 years if the jetting difference is important to you. 

Also if your not 100% satisified with either tub, being jets or price maybe you should look at a couple others.  D1 Nautilus is an awesome tub, Hot Springs Grande/Vanguard, Maax 480 (with premium package only) are ones I have personally sat in and enjoyed that all are around same size and features you are looking for and probably would save you a couple bucks without costing you any quality/warranty etc differences.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Advice From Optima Owners
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:48:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42