What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Small hot tub needed  (Read 9960 times)

NoCal

Small hot tub needed
« on: October 25, 2011, 02:45:44 pm »
I am brand new at this hot tub thing.  My wife and I are looking to install a hot tub, and have a small problem.  The space we want to put the tub is thin.  57" between house and fence.  We are looking for a reliable tub where we can both lie down, so not a sit up only style tub.  We've seen some 2/3 person tubs on-line that look good, but none that we can see in person (only Jacuzzi shops near us).  The United Spas Manufacturing looked like it might be a good way to go, but their reviews are horrible.  ThermoSpas makes a model called the Town House that looks decent.  Anyone out there have any advice?

Hot Tub Forum

Small hot tub needed
« on: October 25, 2011, 02:45:44 pm »

chicy724

Re: Small hot tub needed
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:51:34 pm »
Hi there! We were in the same boat, although we had a little more space.
We got a LifeSmart Rock Solid Simplicity spa. It's a 4 person with defined seats. The size is a little larger than you state though. It's 60x72 (give or take an inch on either side).

You may want to look into an oval shape spa. SpaBerry for example. It is only a 2 person one, but the width will fit within your 57". That size space will indeed be tough. Even the smallest SofTub is 60" in diameter, just as most others I came across doing a quick search. The ThermoSpas Townhouse looks nice and would definitely fit your dimensions, and is much nicer than the SpaBerry. The SpaBerry width is larger @50" but looks much smaller than the photos of the ThermoSpas that says it's 47"!

Good luck. I am interested to see what you find!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:58:20 pm by chicy724 »

Waterbug

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 09:25:14 pm »
  You should check local codes before purchasing a tub to put in that space.  Some municipalities require a setback from the property line for any permenant structure.  It is usually for fire department or utility access.  Your local area may not have any restrictions but better to check and be sure than to have a tub and nowhere to put it.  Licensed electricians will not wire your tub without a permit and the inspector would see the location.

chicy724

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 03:51:59 pm »
IS a hot tub considered a permanent structure?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:55:15 pm by chicy724 »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 04:10:27 pm »
IS a hot tub considered a permanent structure?

If you are talking about a portable spa, not normally unless you build it into your property in a way that makes it permanent.
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Waterbug

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 05:55:41 pm »
If your tub is hard-wired to your homes electrical circuit, most municipalities would consider it permanent.  If is a plug-in unit, it may be considered portable.  Again, codes my vary by locality.  Typically permits are not required for portable units but are for permanent installations.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:02:00 pm »
funjqan, is family leisure your company, or do you just work for them?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 02:16:22 pm »
Check out the Coyote Spa - Mesa.  It's made by the makers of Arctic Spa.  It's a deep 2 person spa that's only 46" wide. 

azloafer

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 08:31:04 pm »
We also have little space for a hot tub.  We also wanted a 2 person tub that offered lounge seating. We found one that measures 76" X 46" X 32".  It is made by Artesian and it is the Azalea which is one of the four 110 volt spas in the Garden Spa series.  Just plug it in. We chose the package with a two speed pump, ozonator, LED lights, deluxe cover, lifter, synthetic cabinet, steps, years worth of Nature 2, with delivery and set-up and tax it came to $3600.  We think that it is a fair price and the dealer is 45 minutes from us.  If it were even six inches larger it would not fit on our patio without blocking the door.  People tell us that Artesian is a good company.  There aren't many spas with these measurements and these options at this price.  It is worth a look.

Spamatt

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 08:41:13 pm »
Anyone have an Azaelea by Artisian? It's the two person unit with 110v plug in. I'm thinking of buying one but I want to hear from someone who has had one for awhile. Thanks. Matt.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 07:15:01 am »
Anyone have an Azaelea by Artisian? It's the two person unit with 110v plug in. I'm thinking of buying one but I want to hear from someone who has had one for awhile. Thanks. Matt.

Welcome to the forum.  In this case, since this thread is 4 years old, it might be worth bringing up in a new thread.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Sam

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 02:30:11 pm »

It's a well made little spa.  It's not going to be as powerful as Artesian's higher-end spas, but it's a good little hot tub for the price.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 02:30:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42