What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Woe is me - no tub to soak in!!  (Read 5328 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Woe is me - no tub to soak in!!
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:43:40 am »
We built a new patio cover - so we could create one of those 'outdoor rooms' so popular around here. Fine. I recommend it - we can entertain groups of people, or just a couple, or it's a great place to just sit and watch the sun rise on a quiet morning with a cup of coffee.

BUT - during the construction it dawned on me that I was about to cut off the access to our tub area. Not the foot traffic, but the path for putting in or removing the tub itself. We normally get a new tub every year but with the economy down as it is now, forget that!! So I had a 25 year-old "Classic" which we took on trade and have been enjoying for the past year or two. It works great, only complaint is no cover lift. But as the construction proceeded I decided I didn't want that tub stuck back there for life, so we quickly drained it and scooted it out just as the last pillar went up.

What was I thinking!? I now have no tub at all!! I have to go down to the store to soak. Months with no tub!!

And here I am, wide awake at 4:30 in the morning, and no tub to go out and soak in. I think I may be on the phone with my crane operator on Monday!! This is bad bad bad.

:'(

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:46:18 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Woe is me - no tub to soak in!!
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:43:40 am »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Woe is me - no tub to soak in!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:16:28 pm »
nothing wrong with the ole "dog dish"....crane a new envoy in and be done with it :-)

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:59:29 pm »
nothing wrong with the ole "dog dish"....crane a new envoy in and be done with it :-)

Just an Envoy?  Go big or go home Chas.  Get a Vista with Ace, Stone Surround or CC... with a moonlite system and TV.  If you got one, use a dasboat as well.... good times.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:06:57 am »
My sympathies.  I know when I bought mine 7.5 years ago my jealous friends said I'd lose interest in a month and it would sit.  Quite the opposite, if something happened to it, I would miss it immensely.   
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Waterbug

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 08:57:26 am »
  I go through withdrawle every time that we go camping.  Don't like community spas in RV parks and such.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 12:41:51 pm »
All good advice - I just have to find time to do something. My slab is sized to accept a Grandee or Vista, which are the same size. We have had Grandee model tubs over the years, and I like the "room to roam" that they offer, but with our 'kids' now living super busy lives - even though they all still live in some part of our home - they are not likely to ever be in the tub at the same time as I. In fact my married son and daughter in law had a Prodigy for quite a while and loved it - but my wife is not much of a tub fan. Couple times a year, more if she strains something. So who knows - we might end up with two tubs on the property. Wouldn't that be fun...

So I'll have to make the call - I hope soon - and add a tub to my next order. And then - the crane.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 08:00:55 pm »

Just an Envoy?  Go big or go home Chas.  Get a Vista with Ace, Stone Surround or CC... with a moonlite system and TV.  If you got one, use a dasboat as well.... good times.

I like the 3 Jetstreams in the Envoy  :) but I did soak our showroom Vista a couple weeks ago and that baby moves some water, i liked it

d00nut

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 08:03:08 pm »
You could also opt for the ever popular "Glow."  Those babies are awesome!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 08:06:49 pm »
You could also opt for the ever popular "Glow."  Those babies are awesome!

lol honestly never even seen one

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 08:06:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42