What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: ***** Spas  (Read 80331 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: ***** Spas
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2005, 04:37:13 pm »
Do all dealers back up the product they sell if they go out of business and do they notify the manufactuer that they have a customer sitting at home waiting for a repairman to be sent by that mfg to come.

I'm sure he is now telling you Bodyaches that all the other spas are junk and everyone is out to get him becauses of his crusade to make the industry better....right?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2005, 04:37:13 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2005, 04:42:58 pm »
Do all dealers back up the product they sell if they go out of business and do they notify the manufactuer that they have a customer sitting at home waiting for a repairman to be sent by that mfg to come.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Did you mean, Does a Manufacturer back up the product they sell if the dealer goes out of business?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

shabba34

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2005, 04:47:32 pm »

I'm not sure I understand the question. Did you mean, Does a Manufacturer back up the product they sell if the dealer goes out of business?
Maybe he means after JA puts all the major players out of business, how are those customers supposed to get service. ;D

Chris_H

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2005, 04:59:42 pm »

This thread will be moved to the new Drewski and Chris inspired - BEATING A DEAD HORSE SECTION in 24 hours.

Happy to see I inspired you.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2005, 05:01:01 pm »

I'll take a stab at both parts of your question:

1) There are laws on the books nowadays for manufactures to set aside $$ to cover warranty costs over the lives of the spa warranties out there. Our gov't has seen fit to try to see to it that people don't get left holding the bag. Certainly the major manufacturers abide by these accounting rules but its not the Hot Springs and Sundance’s out there that you have to worry about loading up the Mayflower van at 2am to clear out of town. It’s the fly by night operations and this guy will fly with the best of them.  

2) As far as the dealer notifying the manufacturer that a customer has asked for service; of course they do not. However, do you know what avenue the customer can take does that owns a spa from a manufacturer that cares about customer service? They can call the manufacturer and complain that they are not getting serviced. I doubt this happens often to the Hot Springs, D1s and Sundances out there but when it does the manufacturer gets involved to determine what the issue is and to make sure the customer gets the proper care. JA has been known to leave customers high and dry who are in need of service. What alternative do they have? Maybe they can call Sandy and complain but the most they'll get is a "sorry, little old me doesn't get involved in Jimmy's business and besides, he's saving up to take me to Vegas to see Wayne Newton so things are tight around here when it comes to honoring warranties".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Soakin

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2005, 06:17:39 pm »
Now what I want to know know is why did I get so TOTALLY slammed by the original poster when I edited out the brand name when s/he posted this question on my board?
You mean you have other threads going besides "Naked Girls and no Bubbles"? :o

autoplay

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2005, 06:28:11 pm »
What's the topic of discussion,concerning this threaD?

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2005, 06:58:41 pm »
Cant name the spa.....TOP MILITARY SECRET......if you find out....I'll have to kill you.

autoplay

« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2005, 08:01:25 pm »
Is there a spa out there that's superior in nature,compared to Hot-springs etc etc?

What aren't you tellin me,Bodyaches?

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2005, 08:46:33 pm »
Sure there is, just have to research what you get...compare spas with what you get from others...Just like buying a car....dont forget the free duckie that the dealer offers...it may perswade you to buy.

txwillie

« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2005, 09:06:28 pm »
perswade

another thing that tickles me so, is how people can, and do, actually sit back and argue while using the spelling skills of a chimp. My typing stinks, and I know a lot of the spelling and grammatical faux pas one sees on a message board can be attributed to that, but perswade?

another Mr Happy trademark. just go read the site

Bill, please don't ban me for trashing an individual.  I was just ranting about one of my peeves
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 10:27:02 pm by txwillie »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2005, 10:12:02 pm »

I didn't see it on your board.  Can you send the link to the thread?

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/2347920_config.pl?frames;read=75886
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2005, 10:35:49 pm »
txwillie,
Least the mispelled word caught your eye.

autoplay

« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2005, 01:02:48 am »
So what do you recommend,bodyaches?

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2005, 01:22:34 am »
Just may take the chance on this one in life since so many in here have negitive reasons on this product and have not showed me any of this products customers negitive views. I have spoken to several customer who have purchased this product from sc, ny, nh, az, illinois, except two had problem in which action was taken promply. Word was passsed by them and others have purchased this product.
Some where someone had his ruffles ruffled and has passed the word about this product...we proberly will never learn how or why. Internet can be a good or bad thing...in this case I think it has been used for an evil purpose. If I am wrong I will personally tell everyone so.
But I know most will continue to preach their vindictive remarks. I proberly can go on & on  & rattle at the gums but whats the use, the damage has been made but I think to no use.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2005, 01:22:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42