What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber Tubs  (Read 3952 times)

rmcguire

Beachcomber Tubs
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:19:53 am »
Been researching tubs and have wet tested a few and have narrowed my choice to a few different Beachcomber models.  Question is, does anyone have any experiences with their ClearTech UV Water Care sytem?  Looking for way to minimize clorine use since wife/kids have sensitive skin.  Other general feedback on Beachcomber tubs welcomed as well.

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber Tubs
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:19:53 am »

d00nut

Re: Beachcomber Tubs
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:12:28 pm »
I don't have any direct experience with Beachcomber other than I have passed by  their headquarters right next to Hot Spring and D1 in Vista, CA.  In fact, I'm pretty sure they vacated that building since I've been there. 

I do know however, that Ultra Violet Light is a very powerful tool for killing bacteria.  That's how plenty of Ozone units were made in the late 90's-early 2000's.  Most Ozones since then has gone to a Corona Discharge system since you don't want to be replacing their UV bulb every year or so.

Is it their Ozone that is UV and them just trying to market it?  Or something completely different in addition to their Ozone unit?  Either way, how often does the UV light have to be changed and how much is it going to be to change it?

Just some questions you may want to ask your dealer.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 07:27:48 am »
I have used good ol' chlorine for spa sanitizing for close to three decades now, and have had good results, even for our customers who have sensitive skin.

If you put the chlorine in after use it does it's job and goes away by the next use. So, you are soaking in water which usually has less chlorine in it than the shower you took this morning.

You have plenty of very simple systems available to reduce the chlorine level even further - Nature2 cartridges, ozone systems from people like Del and JED which are usually pretty low priced and simple.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 07:27:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42